Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

I think my first is acutally a girl! Oh no!

Kaylam87

Cavy Slave
Unfortunately before I had any guinea knowledge I bought my first from the local pet store. I looked at it's genital area and I saw a stub there and assumed it was male. I have got 3 other males since then all younger than my first one Valentine. Their testicals have all become noticable except the first has none but still has the stub. Does this mean it's female? I called the emergency vet tonight and I'm scheduling an appointment tomorrow since it has been laying around more and eating and drinking alot. It hasn't gained to much weight, but a little so we fear it might be pregnant! I never would let that have happened on purpose if I knew sooner! I will keep everyone updated. Just to let you know I do not believe in breeding since their are so many homeless guinea pigs. If this one happens to be female and is pregnant I'm going to properly care for them until they are old enough to be adopted. I will adopt them out through my home so nothing bad happens to them. Any advice or suggestions would be great! I hope I did everything right, I am still new here and trying to figure the boards out!

Ziggy&Herald

Cavy Slave
Try to express a penis. Try it on the ones you know are male first to get the hang of it, then try on the other. Have you looked on CavySpirits sexing page? Here is the link just in case. It has many photos.
https://www.cavyspirit.com/sexing.htm

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
To get a penis to pop out, you have to push just above the genital area. If you practice on one of your males, you'll notice it's not that hard to do really.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.