Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hello all, first-time cavy mom here

• Thread starter listentotherain
  • Start date

listentotherain

Cavy Slave
Hello everyone! I figured I would join this forum, since the cavycages website has been so helpful to me these past few weeks.

My name is Sara, and I very recently became a cavy-mommy. I'm in school for illustration, work at a pet store part time, and freelance illustrate when I get the chance.

A little girl was dumped outside the pet store I work at a little while ago, with a massive abscess under her chin. We immediately brought her to the vet and she's been steadily improving. I've been the one doing the majority of the caretaking and medicating for her, and of course I fell in love. She has a final vet checkup tomorrow, and if the vet says all clear, she'll be coming home with me tomorrow night. Her name is Paisley, and she's an orange, black, and white american, estimated to be about four months old.

(Sorry about the quality of the picture, it's from my cell phone - I'll get some nicer ones on friday when she comes home)
0530081147a.jpg

I'm so excited to be bringing her home - I've had her C&C cage set up and ready for about a week now!

I'm adopting a friend for her in another few weeks from the Have-A-Heart Guinea Pig rescue, which I am also very excited about. I just have to (somehow) narrow my choice down to one!

Ziggy&Herald

Cavy Slave
Aw, she is absolutely gorgeous. I'm glad her abscess is healing up nicely. Good luck with narrowing down your choices. I would do a quarantine, with this girl and one you get from a rescue. Has Paisley been treated for mites and lice yet? I probably would do so if not since she was dropped off in such a poor state. You don't know what kind of care she had before. Welcome to GPC. Hope you continue to visit and learn so much more then you could have imagined on piggy care. I know I have at least.

Harrys Dad

Cavy Slave
Welcome Sara and love the coloring on your girl.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.