Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Coroplast in Northwest Indiana/Southwest Michigan?

alm_nin

Cavy Slave
I'm trying to build a C&C cage, but I can't find any coroplast! Is anyone here from the Northwest Indiana/Southwest Michigan area that would know where to buy some at?

gooberific

Cavy Slave
There's a couple sign places in Hammond, that might help you? Though that's much closer to Chicago than southwest Michigan, and I'd think if you lived in the same NW part of IN that I grew up in, you'd just find it in east chicago...

alm_nin

Cavy Slave
I already tried searching here https://www.guineapigcages.com/where.htm but the only place near me has a disconnected phone number now. My husband called a sign place from the phone book, and he says that they want at least $100 for it. Could that be right, or do you think they must be misunderstanding him or something?

GuineaAddict

Cavy Slave
Where at in Indiana are you exactly? I'm in muncie! lol I just literally sat down with a phonebook and called every sign shop in the book. You might call packaging places as well if you can't find any sign shops. Kinko's does it but it's really really expensive.

tiffanyAtt

Cavy Slave
Or try plie wood and 2x4s its very cheep and easy if you have a saw and a drill your good to go and then if you are going to use fleece it stays put and dosent move around

We have a 2x3 cage and the plie wood fits the cage very snug then I just used peal and stick tile to cover the bottom for bedding i just use fleece and put the cage on top of it and it works great.

Ziggy&Herald

Cavy Slave
I went on Yellow Book's Website and typed in my area and Signs. Then just went through list calling all of them. I definitely would not pay more than $35 at most. I'm not in your area, but I got mine for $20.

GuineaAddict

Cavy Slave
There was a place here in muncie that was going to sell me a 4X8 sheet for $13 but he ran out and I didn't want to wait to get my guinea in a bigger cage, so I went and bought some for $20 and some change. I certainly wouldn't ever pay over $25 though. Most places qouted at about between $20-25 but one guy tried to sell it to me for $45 but there was no way he was going to convince me.

Harrys Dad

Cavy Slave
Make sure you tell them it is for a Guinea Pig cage and maybe take a picture of one off the site here or the C & C cage site to show them what you want to use it for maybe they won't charge you the $100 but everyone is right don't go over $25 to $30 for a full sheet.

Jenni_Feathers

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
I got mine from a SignsNow for $20 a sheet, but that was a year ago so who knows now. It's a chain, I'm not sure if every store has the same prices, but here is a link to their site, it has a store locater.
Welcome to Signsnow.com

alm_nin

Cavy Slave
Jenni_Feathers - I tried the store locator at SignsNow, but nothing was very close. The closest was Chicago and I guess there are quite a few sign stores in Chicago, but my husband and I are both afraid to drive in the busy Chicago traffic (I guess we're both just wimps)!

I did find a few more sign places in my area that I will try calling tomorrow...

gooberific

Cavy Slave
If you're not wanting to drive into busy busy Chicago, try Hammond, Portage, Maryville (sp?), those areas.

Or you could do what I did, and just call yourself "Litter patrol" and take down old political signs. ;)

Also, try posting a WANTED ad on Craigslist for old political signs, even contact a campaign see if they have any they'd be willing to 'donate'.

alm_nin

Cavy Slave
I finally found a place that sells 4x8 sheets for $15 each! They only have orange and yellow, but oh well it's better than nothing. Thanks for all your help!

gooberific

Cavy Slave
Figures. I'm looking for orange. I'm just cheap and I don't wanna pay for it. :D

guineapigluver1

Cavy Slave
That's a good price. I know of a place (near where I am, I was told by someone on here) that's $12.00 for a white 4'x8' sheet and $14.00 for colors.

I have been to Chicago before, it was on a bus with a group of friends (plus my dad, sister, and brother, yeah it's REALLY busy! I don't blame you for not wanting to go there for coroplast We walked to a lot of places, it was tiring!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.