Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

New to Guinea Pigs!!!!

mamasguinea

Cavy Slave
❤️ Hello!!! I am a new Guinea Pig owner here in Georgia. I have to say i have just fallen in love with this little guy. He is absolutley a joy to have. I've only had him about 2 weeks and although a little skittish at first, he really has become much more comfortable in his new home. I have him out of his cage several times a day for some floor time and lap time. He is really starting to like being held, last night while doing some work in my office here at home, i had him sitting on my lap for a while and he actully fell a sleep. Yesterday i ordered a new C&C cage for him, as I'm sure as for alot of people, being uneducated about Guinea Pigs, i purchased the largest cage i could at the pet store. Well that was big mistake, once doing some research, and alot of reading online, I quickly realized that his cage was just to small!!:sad: So, i am really looking forward to getting his new cage and giving him the space that he needs & deserves.

Ziggy&Herald

Cavy Slave
Welcome to GPC. Glad to see a fellow Georgian. At the rate you are going, it wont take you too long to be wrapped around his little paws. Look forward to reading all your posts. Have fun with the new cage. It really makes a difference.

Harrys Dad

Cavy Slave
Welcome aboard! Why don't you do like some folks have and use the store bought cage for their kitchen and incorporate it with the C & C cage?

mamasguinea

Cavy Slave
Welcome aboard! Why don't you do like some folks have and use the store bought cage for their kitchen and incorporate it with the C & C cage?

"Harrys Dad"... Thank u for the great idea!!!! I am really looking forward to getting his new cage and setting it up for him. I take him out of his current cage as much as i can because i feel so bad for him being in there. Although he is only about 3 mths old, and he was the smallest of all the GP there, i guess it is ok for a few more days,we'll just have to hang in there, but he does seem really happy. He is just so sweet and lovessss to be held, i feel like i have another baby....My teenage son says that i am spoiling him ("smores") way to much...... :cheerful:

Harrys Dad

Cavy Slave
Your welcome but I just passed on what other folks have done. Maybe make it a second level or something. Take a look at all the pictures in the photo galleries you will find loads of helpful idea's I know I did.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.