Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

the waiting game...awhile for guinea pigs...

KellyMichelle

Cavy Slave
Hello! It's been so long since I've posted anything (at least it feels that way).

I had decided to adopt a pair of guinea pigs, and wanted to build a c.c. cage. It took awhile to get the suppies, and get everything i wanted to put in the cage as well. I had had a wonderful gunea pig years ago, but when he got sick, and passed away, I didn't want to get another one, because i didn't want to replace him (he was the first pet i ever lost...i was a quite sad).

Anyway, i was ready to contact the adoption place, and my bird got sick (such a story...really made me furious at petstores, but also at myself for trusting them). After many vet visits, i had to make a decision. i have to devote my time (and the majority of my paycheck to the vet for a while!) to my birds...both have to be converted to new diets, and dane, the one who was sick, has to be tamed (if you've ever had a bird, you totally understand! it's a long process). i do not want to neglect their care because a lot of time will have to go towards making new guinea pigs feel comortable, and buying everything they need as well. Now, my family also has dogs, and cats, and all that, but the birds are my pets, my responsibility, just as the guinea pigs would be. I actually only decided this after a sad story from a friend from work who needs to get rid of her bird because her new ferrets will attack the poor bird, so she can never let the bird out of the cage, becaue the ferrets are free range. so, i'm sad that i am not going to be getting the guinea pigs i was so looking forward to...but it is better to just wait, i guess.

I just kinda wanted to updte everyone with what was going on...

On a happier note...Christmas is coming!!! Merry Christmas to everyone and their families, and not to forget, their pets!!

"Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord." Luke 2:11

~~Kelly

AngelsCavies

Cavy Slave
Merry Christmas to you too Kelly and God bless you and your family also your pets too. I have 23 piggies 2 bunnies 1 german shepard/golden retreiver dog name Samantha. I have a site you can see all my piggies. (broken link removed). Enjoy and enjoy your holidays too.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.