PDA

View Full Version : exercise

soccergrl849
05-26-08, 11:54 am
I have, a slightly... overweight piggy. He weighs 2lbs and 8oz, I have read that the appropriate weight should be no more than 2lbs 6oz. I am wondering if anyone has ideas for getting my boys so move around more. My two boys share a 9 square foot cage and have floor time for 2-3 hours every other day or more. I am going to start carefully measuring out their food and veggies and try to create a larger floor time space.
Any other suggestions? Should i even be worried?

AnimalHouse36
05-26-08, 05:43 pm
I have, a slightly... overweight piggy. He weighs 2lbs and 8oz, I have read that the appropriate weight should be no more than 2lbs 6oz.

Where did you read this? I have heard of piggies being 4lbs! I don;t think you have anything to worry about but just make sure you have plenty of tunnels around. You could hide scraps of food around their cage. Guinea pigs are just like people, some are big some are small.

soccergrl849
05-26-08, 06:21 pm
Thank you for your input! I made a new tunnel this weekend for them and they love it not to mention it sends them running around the cage! :)

AnimalHouse36
05-26-08, 07:38 pm
Thank you for your input! I made a new tunnel this weekend for them and they love it not to mention it sends them running around the cage! :)

Thats the idea;) ! Look around the site and at the accersories page. It has great ideas!