Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Ratties Cage needed

wiggley_narco

Cavy Gazer
I recently built a cage for my rattie girls, but I'm wanting to upgrade to something bigger and easier to clean. So I was wondering...

Does anyone have a Ferret Nation cage (or something similar) they'd be willing to sell for a reasonable price?

Thanks!

AnimalHouse36

Cavy Slave
One word "Ebay" I saw some for almost a hundred dollors cheaper then some at Petco!

ruhis20

Cavy Slave
Please try C&C Grids and Coroplast. She to is on ebay. Alot better then a cage. My cavies love there cages with condo.

Lourdes

Cavy Slave
I've been thinking about a ferret nation cage. I just built my girl a cage made out of shelving which can hold 7 rats, and i have two baby girls that are two young to move in yet. On ebay a ferret nation with shipping would cost me $204. I don't think it is such a bad price, but i built mine for only $42. Maybe, for Christmas i'll upgrade. (broken link removed) I've been secretly wanting a martin's cage the rat tower..largest one. It's made for rats. Does anyone have one and find it hard to clean or get to the rats?

wiggley_narco

Cavy Gazer
Please try C&C Grids and Coroplast. She to is on ebay. Alot better then a cage. My cavies love there cages with condo.

My guinea pigs are in a very large C&C cage. This is for my rats. They are females, so they can't be kept in a C&C cage without something like hardware cloth around it--otherwise, they'll squeeze through the grids. I built a C&C cage for my rats, but a Ferret Nation cage would be a great upgrade for them.

wickedrodent

Cavy Slave
ferret.com has FNs for around $160. :)

Lourdes

Cavy Slave
Oh, i wish it was Christmas. I would buy it from ferret.com, but can't justify it right now. Hehe Thanks, for the site.

Jennicat

Cavy Slave
A lot of people have problems with the ferret nations and smaller females. I opted to buy the Feisty Ferret, which is a bit smaller, but has 1/2" bar spacing instead of 1". Ferret.com has them for $125... if you put it in your cart and wait a couple of days, they'll email you a 10% coupon. :)

Chin Lover

Cavy Slave
Ok.. I have too much time on my hands. :D

I found some ads on CL from NC, I don't know how far these locations are from you, but here they are:

Whole one $125: (broken link removed)
Whole one $100: (broken link removed)
Whole one $175: (broken link removed) (you might want to talk to this person about reducing the price)
Bottom Half $100: (broken link removed)
Top Half "Cheap": (broken link removed) (make sure model number is right)
Whole one with ferret $100: (broken link removed) :)D adopt a ferret!!)

:p This actually gives you an excuse to buy now!!

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
I just bought an FN from ferret.com yesterday. They are very reasonably priced there, 154.99+ 6.99 shipping for the FN 142 Double model. You can't find a new one anywhere online for that price. Of course I added a few hammocks, tunnels, tents and a new potty bin for the boys so I ended up spending almost $215 total with shipping, but hey, I get all of it shipped for 8.99 (upgraded to the FedEX 2-6 day shipping). The best part is that my dad gave me $100 towards the total purchase. That just tells me that he's become as attached to the rattie gang as I am.

Ebay is a good place to buy a lot of things but cages are rather expensive to have shipped from sellers.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.