Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Won't Eat piggy not eating all her veggies

ronald305

Cavy Slave
help from anyone
to day this afternoon when I went to give my girls veggies for which they enjoy, the only piggy that will eat her veggies was Sophie she ate all her veggies carrots,parsley,and romaine letters but Lucie did not want to eat any romaine letters or parsley today this morning she ate her carrots and letters the only thing she ate this afternoon was carrots should I be concerned, their appointment with the vet is not till this thursday afternoon-thank you

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
Is she eating anything? Hay, pellets? Drinking? Does her poo look normal? Is she peeing ok? Is she having problems breathing? Is she lethargic? Do you weigh your pigs on a weekly basis?

ronald305

Cavy Slave
yes to all the questions and she is eating everything now all I can think is she just wasn't hungry for those veggies no I haven't weighted them yet not sure my scale will work on cavies

longboardskier

Cavy Slave
She probably just wasn't hungry for them right then. We give Henry veggies at night and sometimes there's still a few left in the morning. He always eats all of them eventually :)

Also, we use a small kitchen scale to weigh him.

ronald305

Cavy Slave
thanks that what I thought she just not hungry them- Lucie use to like romaine lettuce but only Sophie eats them what lettuce should I get so both would eat I use to get spring mix for them should I go back to that

Haley0489

Cavy Slave
Have you tried green or red leaf lettuce? It's a big hit here, but all my piggies like romaine too.

PS - I just noticed you're from Louisiana! Glad to see another native around. ;)

ronald305

Cavy Slave
thanks Haley same here to see another native
I'll give the green and red lettuce a try and I like you cute Little piggies
and may I ask how do go about catching your pig's to bond with them

Haley0489

Cavy Slave
thanks Haley same here to see another native
I'll give the green and red lettuce a try and I like you cute Little piggies
and may I ask how do go about catching your pig's to bond with them

I have a stool under my cage so I can reach into all the corners. Two of them will usually get into their cozy sak or the PVC pipe, so I just pick it up and move it, but there's always one that I just have to chase into a corner and scoop up.

ronald305

Cavy Slave
I have this tube I bought from petsmart they went in to it a couple of times and now they are on to it and will not go in to tube while Im watching and they to fast to catch especily in the small cage they are in now but Im building them a c&c cage

longboardskier

Cavy Slave
I like to give them green leaf lettuce over red leaf because it has a lot more vitamin C in it, and it's the same price.

auburnmare5

Cavy Slave
Hmmm... That is weird. Some pigs can not be in the mood for things just like us I guess. I am glad nothin gwas wrong.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.