Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Help !!!

Lil' Piggy

Cavy Slave
I have a sick baby piggy it's about 6 days old. The mom won't feed it. can you feed them kitten milk? Is there anything I can do for it?

tashagurl

Cavy Slave
Post this on www.guinealynx.com They will tell you everything you need about how to care for your baby. You should take him to the vet ASAP also.

Himino

Cavy Slave
tashagurl said:
Post this on www.guinealynx.com They will tell you everything you need about how to care for your baby. You should take him to the vet ASAP also.
Him and the mother also.

ChadWPB

Cavy Slave
No kitten milk! Get Critical Care from your vet and feed that. It has everything even a baby pig would need.

Poohbear
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

guinea_luver44

Cavy Slave
i dont know if ur pig is still in need or is alive still but the same exsact thing happened to our lil baby cavy. She was the runt and she wasn't getting milk. What we did was she was completely unconscience so if ur pig is unconscience try it anyway, but get condensed milk and just give him/her a lil bit for a day. She will probably shake and a lil bit of weird things. And you will probably have to nurse her back by night. Then you have to leave the pig in the cage for a while so that the mother will accept her again then she should be good :) I hope It's not too late :/

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
Do NOT feed any milk based products to the pig. Chad is right you need to get some critical care from your vet and start it immediately.

dagwellismypigy

Cavy Slave
you realize that this was back on the 18th of december, the pig has either crossed the rainbow birdge or is doing well. I hope its the latter

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.