Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

"The Golden Pig"

J

jnmojoe

"The Golden Pig"

"The Golden Pig" is the new moniker that we have given Ham. My best friend nicknamed him this after learning tonight that my little pet's airline fee was as much as each of our tickets. Oh well, I told him. I bought the pig and now I have a responsibilty to take care of him for the rest of his life.

As I have mentioned before, my son and I are moving to Florida (April 7). Apparently, only Delta and TransAir allow guinea pigs as carry-on. I have checked Three times so far to make sure that they have his reservation. I am NOT going to show up at the airport to have them refuse him. My best friend will see us to the security gate and stick around to make sure he can take Hammy if Delta refuses.

My biggest obstacle was making sure that Florida allows domesticated rodents into it's borders. I still have no absolute confirmation on that, although all signs point towards 'yes.' I have contacted the Dept. of Agriculture, the State's Veterinary Office and maybe half a dozen other agencies and am waiting for replies. What seems to be certain is that All animals traveling into Florida via aircraft must have a health certificate. If you are interested in seeing what a massive headache this is, try reading this link: (broken link removed)

I hope this information may be of some use to others in the future. My next post will be a big ole' gripe about people's misconceptions about gp's.

Attachments

darwin 1.jpg
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.