Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

abscess on chest

ballajames33

Cavy Slave
Over night my pig "grew" a abscess of something on her chest. The lump was not their the day before. Any ideas?

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
Your best bet is to find a cavy savvy vet and take your pig in to get it checked out.

AnimalHouse36

Cavy Slave
Ditto to what Ly said.

Haley0489

Cavy Slave
When my GP had an abscess it was there for a few days, until I realized none of the other pigs had the same bump, LOL, such ignorance. Rushed him to the vet the following day. All he did was pop a needle into it and drain all the sludge in it. Home treatment consisted of washing out with a syringe and saline solution and neosporin. It filled back up again, but drained itself the following day. Scabbed over and went away.

But do definitely take him to the vet. It may be something else, and even if it is an abscess, sometimes letting them burst on their own can be fatal depending on where and how it's burst.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.