Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Pellets Pellets

Harrys Dad

Cavy Slave
I can't find Oxbow around me and ordering online means a credit card which is usually maxed out. Anyone have any idea how the Kaytee Timothy Complete or ZuPreems Nature's Promise compares?

Haley0489

Cavy Slave
Kaytee is considered a garbage pellet. It also contains ethoxyquin which causes cancer in small animals.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
ZuPreem is just as bad as it contains too many corn and beet products. If you can't find oxbow locally then try to find Mazuri 5664. It's an alfalfa based pellet but is better than most of the garbage brands out there. It just has to be limited severely in older pigs. I use it myself.

Toadies

Cavy Slave
Harrys Dad, Kleenmama will ship upon receipt of your check. The pellets and hay are great and the owner is a doll.

ali's_pigs123

Cavy Slave
Kaytee is a crummy pellet. Hartz is as well. At least buy Mazurri5664, KM's, etc...

Harrys Dad

Cavy Slave
thank you all guess I will keep checking. I found a nor sky distributer in my area will call them tomorrow and see if they have cavy cuisine

aqh88

Cavy Slave
I haven't ordered in awhile but KM always did paypal which can do a direct withdrawal from a bank account. I would suggest you setup your own guinea pig bank account where you put money for their food, vet bills, and other care. Then you can send money and write checks out of it while always knowing what's in it. If your old enough you could work for the money and if not ask your parents for an allowance that only goes to guinea pig care and similar not video games or personal items. Tell them it will teach you responsibility. Always worked on my mom.

Harrys Dad

Cavy Slave
Good news I have found a place here within my city that carries Cavy Cuisine for $11.99 for 10 lbs so my piggies will get the good stuff and I don't have to worry about shipping. Thanks for all your advice!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.