PDA

View Full Version : Pet strollers.

PrayerWarrior
05-09-08, 04:12 pm
I was wondering if anyone here takes their guinea pigs in a pet stroller on walks or picnics or wherever.

Search Results for pet stroller (http://pet-supplies.drsfostersmith.com/search?af=type%3Aproduct&view=grid&w=pet%20stroller&visitorID=&cartcount=3&wishcount=0&subtotal=27.50)

Quite humorous, but I'm actually intrigued.

MissGinger
05-09-08, 04:31 pm
I have one for my Dog's, But have used it for Ginger when i cleaned her cage.

PrayerWarrior
05-09-08, 04:37 pm
Does she stay in it? Does she seem to enjoy it? Have you ever taken her outside in it?

fourboys4now
05-09-08, 07:50 pm
That does look like a cute idea. My concern would be if you were in a loud environment, since a lot of piggies spook easy.

bamby71994
05-09-08, 08:12 pm
Yeah it would be pretty cool, as long it as it is netted. That way no jumpers or mosquites.How much do those cost?

PrayerWarrior
05-09-08, 09:23 pm
There seems to be quite a price range. If you check out that link from my starter post, they have some on sale at Drs. Foster & Smith. I'm sure they are on multiple sites, though.

Paula
05-09-08, 09:28 pm
I honestly think it would take a long time for the pigs to enjoy it because they are such panicky creatures. Loud noises, foreign environment, not to mention stress of not know what they are doing or why would probably make for a more negative than positive experience. Just my opinion.

Ziggy&Herald
05-10-08, 07:15 am
We went into a local pet supplies store (no pets BTW, the only one in town), they had the strollers out and my daughter loved the idea of taking the pigs for a walk in the stroller. Granted, she's only 5, so I didn't buy it for her. But she sure loved the idea.

MissGinger
05-10-08, 07:24 am
Personally i wouldn't walk them in it, There's really no enjoyment in it for them. I might use it for alittle bit of outside time, When I'm gardening & can't sit there & watch her in her pen.

She liked it alot in the house She stretched out & took a nap.

Weatherlight
05-10-08, 05:30 pm
It would depend on the cavies in question. Do they like floor time in different areas of the house? How do they react to novel sounds they can hear through windows?

Some animals love mental stimulation in terms of new sights, sounds, and hopefully, smells. Probably even some gpigs and similar species.

Some are quite content to be left where it is calm, peaceful, secure, and familiar, thank you very much.

Pumpkin_RIP
05-11-08, 08:02 am
Personally i wouldn't walk them in it, There's really no enjoyment in it for them.

How would you know if you have never tried it? I used to take my former pig Pumpkin for a walk, and she enjoyed the scenery and then near the end I would let her out my some grazing time. When we would walk she would look curiously around, then eventually lull into a nap with the moving of the wagon(kind of like kids taking naps in the car) It provides them with mental stimulation.

MissGinger
05-11-08, 08:25 am
Well where i live there's traffic, No pig would like hearing that & i wouldn't let them eat grass anywhere but my yard But that's just me.

guineapigluver1
05-11-08, 01:46 pm
I have seen them before I thought it would be a neat idea (for a dog or cat, and maybe a guinea pig if it's just for a little bit and not very noisy), but my parents would never get one for me.

PrayerWarrior
05-11-08, 02:00 pm
How would you know if you have never tried it? I used to take my former pig Pumpkin for a walk, and she enjoyed the scenery and then near the end I would let her out my some grazing time. When we would walk she would look curiously around, then eventually lull into a nap with the moving of the wagon(kind of like kids taking naps in the car) It provides them with mental stimulation.

See, I'm pretty sure that's how mine would be. They're curious little fellas. Scared right now, but made tremendous progress already.

It would depend on the cavies in question. Do they like floor time in different areas of the house? How do they react to novel sounds they can hear through windows?

They do like it in different areas, and they are intrigued by the birds outside and the bumblebees smacking into the window. They don't seem at all disturbed by them. At their foster home before coming here, the lady had a cat that loved the pigs, and the pigs loved her. The cavies are now not at all afraid of our cats.