Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Romeo and Juliet

Noodles

Cavy Slave
Hi everyone! I'm new to this site, but already it has helped me so much in providing the best care for my guinea pig. A little about myself: I am a college student living in Southern California currently working on my degree in Psychology. I have a deep passion for animals and although persuing a career in Veterinary Medicine has not shown much promise, I plan to turn my psychology degree into a career where I can show my deep compasion for all living creatures.
I adopted two piggies, Romeo and Juliet, 5 years ago from a veterinarian where they had been abandoned. I had never owned guinea pigs before and accepted them on impulse just before they were being euthanized. Since then, I have become a guinea pig nut! Sadly, my baby Romeo (such a sweetheart and lover-boy) passed away last year, leaving my stubborn, yet lovable Juliet all alone. After several failed attempts at getting her another cagemate, I decided that she preferred to live on her own. She was living in a tiny petstore cage (ironically sized as "large") that was hardly three square feet because I couldn't afford a larger cage. Several weeks ago, I decided to finally take your advice on building a C&C cage... and what a difference it has made! For about half the cost of buying a small petstore cage, I've made a 2X3 grid cage with plenty of space for her. Not only has her health improved, but her personality has really started to shine. I've also taken some more advice about her health and have switched her food over to pellets made especially for senior guinea pigs. I estimate her age at around 6-7 years, so she's quite old, but she's still young at heart. It's funny how such a tiny animal can bring so much love and happiness into your life. I swear that my heart has grown three times its size since keeping these amazing creatures and I plan on being a dedicated guinea pig owner for years and years to come.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.