Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

I cannot find coroplast cheap!!!!!!

Karsluma

Cavy Slave
I've been calling around the sign stores and they are giving me prices for of more than $50 for a 2X3 cage - is that right? I just got off the phone and they told me $75, another place was $90, and another $60something.

This is for 53"X39" which is what the site says to make a 2X3 cage - is that right?

Someone here (Jenni_feathers, I think) did give me a place near me to buy it from and my luck, it went out of business :( She told me she paid $20 so I'm thinking that's more reasonable!

Haley0489

Cavy Slave
I've read some where that if you tell the sign shop the Coroplast is for a guinea pig cage, they may knock the price back, since you aren't actually using it to print on.

27" x 41" assembled (7.6 sq feet)$31 + $14
That's for a 2x3 piece of Coro on the main site, so yes $30-$40 is probably what you should be looking for.[FONT=arial, Arial, Helvetica][/FONT]

furryfotografia

Cavy Slave
It could be the size you asked for because they would need to cut it.
Maybe you could try asking for a 4 x 8 sheet and cut it yourself.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
I'd ask for the full sheet price and tell them what it's for. And I'd also look up printing shops in the phone book and call them as most print shops carry coroplast. You really shouldn't have to pay more than $20-25 for a full sheet.

Karsluma

Cavy Slave
Thanks - after calling and calling, I found a place that sold it to me for $25 and I went and got it - they even cut it for me while I was on my way (the other places wouldn't cut it until I got there which is a pain because I had my kids with me.)

So I've put it together, and now I need to get it on the table and filled - yay!

CF#5
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

laylaspike

Cavy Slave
I got mine from RONA fro $14 for a huge sheet, large enough for a CC cage 4x3 grids

Harrys Dad

Cavy Slave
I got lucky the sign place I go to had a lady who used to buy it for her pigs so they didn't have a problem with it and I got the first partial sheet which worked for a 2 X 4 for $10.00 but they did tell me the full sheet would be around $25.00

Paula

Pigaholic Extraordinaire
Cavy Slave
The cheapest place out here is $12 for any color - for a full sheet, but I never would have thought would have it. It's a plastics place - called Multi-Craft Plastics.

It's not a place that came up anywhere in a Google search when I looked for sign shops. Maybe you could find a Plastics shop, or Moldings, or Laminating, or something like that?

And it's definitely true that if you tell them what it's for they drop the price. When I originally called they said it was $15 something but when I told them it was for a GP cage the price became $10 for white and $12 for color. (Not a big difference, but a difference just the same.)

Arielle72

Cavy Slave
When I went to pick up my coroplast, the first thing the guy in the sign store asked was, "guinea pigs or hamsters?" Apparently they are quite used to this use for a single sheet of coroplast up here.

For those who are interested, it was called "FastSigns" in Wilmington, DE. cost of the 4x8 sheet was $20.

Harrys Dad

Cavy Slave
I just got a new sheet of 4 x 8 white coroplast and paid $21 and some change at Biltrite Sign all they had was white this time around

BubuCandyBlue

Cavy Slave
Wanted to post a new thread, but I think I am gonna continue this one. Did someone buy coroplast lately? My husband has been making so many phone calls to sign shops, almost all are not in business anymore, at least around our area. Can't go all around Florida just for coroplast! So we finally found a store that will sell it for $19 a 4x8 sheet (we had many responses with $50 a sheet, oh God, even if it's for piggies!). I am willing to buy 4 sheets, as I wanna extend the cage, and as my boys coroplast is a little smaller then it want it.
So how much was your coroplast? You think it's worth it?

Amethyst

Cavy Slave
My coroplast cost a couple cents in gas. lol It's an old campaign sign! It works just as well and the printing is covered up anyway.

BubuCandyBlue

Cavy Slave
I read about collecting the campaign coro, but read it too late. Can't find it anymore.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.