Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Vitamins.

deadlykisses

Cavy Slave
I have had my Cavy Spike for 2 months. What I am wondering is this.. Not sure if anyone has posted this before. I change his food daily, Now about the vitamin drops. Should I put 2-3 in once daily? Should I change it more than once.. Should I also put it in his hay?

And my final question is how many MG is 3 drops of the liquid vitamins? I have been searching for this information now for a while and cannot find anything. And the only information it gives on the bottle is 300 mg per ounce.

Thanks in advance for any replies me and Spike thank you :)

auburnmare5

Cavy Slave
Do you mean Vitamin C drdops? If so, don't use them (unless a vet said to). They make the food and water taste bad and from what I know, they are not necessary.

Toadies

Cavy Slave
If you need to give your pigg a vitamin C supplement, Oxbow makes an excellent C supplement just for piggies. It's in tablet form, is extremely palatible and not expensive.

rabbitsncavyluv

Cavy Slave
What kind of vitamin drops are they? Chances are they are bad. I'd ditch them. You should only supplement vit C and that's directly by plain liquid vit c or tablet but you don't need to if you are feeding a balanced diet.

I.e. high quality plain pellets fortified with vit C like Oxbow or Kleenmama, unlimited grass hay and fresh dark leafy veggies daily. Fresh veggies are a better source of vit C.

You shouldn't be adding anything to their water.

You said you're changing the food daily. Is that the pellets?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.