Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Lumps

erikahand83

Cavy Slave
I recently took my tow piggie boys to the vet on tuesday. I thought everything was going to be fine because they both look healthy and eat and drink fine. Ralphy was in perfection condition except for the fact that his teeth might need trimmed back a bit in a few months if they get any longer. Well, it was Midnight's turn for an examination, everything on him was good to until the vet start feeling around a bit. He came to a spot under his front right leg in the pit area. He said he felt two pea size lumps there and let me feel to. He thinks they might be swollen lympnodes but is going to watch them and if they get any bigger take a biopsy of them. I am very worried and was just wondering if this sounds accurate or if it might be something else. If anyone has had any similar experiences please let me know, I'm sooo worried about my Midnight, I hope he'll be okay. :confused:

Ziggy&Herald

Cavy Slave
He could just be trying to fight off some kind of infection. I would keep a close eye on him to make suer he doesn't start showing signs of a URI. Good luck and keep us posted.

mommyoffive

Cavy Slave
Did you vets prescribe any antibiotics? It does sound like he's fighting off an infection. When lymphnodes get swollen it usually means the body's immune system is working double time to fight of an infection.

How old is your baby? I'm still a little bit confussed as to why the vet would want to take a biopsy of it, unless he suspected some type of Lymphoma or what not. When you felt the lymph node was it severly swollen and popping out?

erikahand83

Cavy Slave
He said he can feel the lympnodes and then feel the two bumps in a seperate spot just a little bit away from the area where the lympnodes are. I can feel them, they are two pea sizes lumps, almost like little ball underneath the skin. There is nothing like that on the other side, just a normal lympnode. He hasn't prescribed any medications yet since Midnight is still eating and drinking fine. He said if I think they get any bigger to bring him back and then he might take a biopsy of it.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.