PDA

View Full Version : Fleece didn't work. ??

guineapigluver1
04-27-08, 11:09 am
A month or so ago I tried to see if the fleece would work. I layed down a bath towel on the bathroom floor, and put a fleece throw on top of it, which has been washed millions of times WITHOUT fabric softener (My mom doesn't use it because she read somewhere it could cause your dryer to explode!:eye-poppi), and I waited 20 minutes and it didn't wick it. Why?

gpigluver14
04-27-08, 12:56 pm
It most likely wasn't the right type of fleece. See this (http://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/bedding/20746-fleece-types-debates.html) thread for types of fleece.

JarBax
04-28-08, 09:16 am
Could also be that the fleece wasn't in contact with the towel.

guineapigluver1
04-28-08, 11:07 am
No, it was the right fleece. I read the tag and it was 100 % polyester, and I know for a fact it was blizzard fleece. Also I have already read that thread.

Hmm...maybe that was it, I'll try it again later today and let you all know what happens.

guineapigluver1
04-29-08, 09:51 am
I tried it again yesterday and it worked! It took about 3 minutes to wick it down to the towel.

Char-x
04-30-08, 10:13 am
You will probably need more than one towel underneth anyway, I have about 3 in some areas and more layers in others...the pee wicks (to the point they wont walk through it and get wet) within 5ish seconds usually.

guineapigluver1
05-01-08, 06:20 pm
Yeah, my mom said we could get some mattress pads maybe, I don't know, I guess I should try towels first since we already have them.

auburnmare5
05-02-08, 06:51 pm
Also- you can try puppy pads.

wiggley_narco
05-02-08, 11:15 pm
Also- you can try puppy pads.

But make sure there's no way your pigs can get up under the fleece and chew on the plastic edges of the puppy pads--that's dangerous!

guineapigluver1
05-03-08, 10:06 am
I don't have any right now (still haven't moved, so far I have waited about 4-5 months :sad:) but I am trying to get everything right, and have everything set up before I adopt two guinea pigs, I don't think I'm going to try puppy pads because you have to keep buying them.

auburnmare5
05-03-08, 04:51 pm
But make sure there's no way your pigs can get up under the fleece and chew on the plastic edges of the puppy pads--that's dangerous!
Yeah. I had never thought of that. I have never really seen a puppy pad because I don't use fleece.