PDA

View Full Version : Another New Family In Town

devilfish79
04-27-08, 10:12 am
Hey everyone,

We're another new family here in town. My girlfriend and I are the proud parents of four beautiful piggies. We have one adult female American Short-hair, two adult male American Short-hair (one may even be English Short-hair) and we just brought home the most gorgeous pitch black baby American Satin female we've ever laid eyes on. But then again, we're really biased. We've been proud piggie parents for almost 2 years but I've been involved with small animals for almost 16 years.

Occasionally, you'll see a post that has my username, but in actuality, it'll be my girlfriend. She's promised to let everyone know when she posts so that we're not confusing everyone. We live in beautiful Southern California and have more children (animals) than we know what to do with. In addition to our wonderful four piggies, we have one male rat, one female dwarf hamster, a Sun Conure, three Leopard Geckos and a Crested Gecko. We love and care for each and every child.

Since we have so many children, space available plus space required meant that we had to look for alternative ways for providing everyone with the appropriate habitats. That lead us here and to our first Guinea Pig C&C cage which then lead us to a larger reptile habitat and in the near future, a rat C&C cage. Now we have our required space and our beloved animals have their required space too!

With all that said, I'd like to thank everyone for what they contribute here. I tell people all the time about this site and recommend that they visit here before they consider buying a Guinea Pig. If they doubt that they can provide what is listed here, then they shouldn't own a Guinea Pig.

Ok, ok, enough rambling, I know. Thanks again everyone and it's gonna be great meeting all of you!

Cheers,
Erik and Allison

fourboys4now
04-27-08, 05:40 pm
So glad you found this site. I have learned tons on here as well. Please post us some pigtures of your babies. We'd love to see them.

rabbitsncavyluv
04-28-08, 02:44 am
Welcome.

We recommend adopting though, not buying animals from pet shops or breeders here. You probably want to read up at Guinea Lynx :: A Medical and Care Guide for Your Guinea Pig (http://www.guinealynx.info) on the medical issues that Satins are prone to as they get older if you haven't already.

Ziggy&Herald
04-28-08, 01:50 pm
Welcome, we like to ooh and ahh over piggies. The others are OK too. Can't wait for pics. Have fun.

devilfish79
04-28-08, 03:02 pm
Welcome.

We recommend adopting though, not buying animals from pet shops or breeders here. You probably want to read up at Guinea Lynx :: A Medical and Care Guide for Your Guinea Pig (http://www.guinealynx.info) on the medical issues that Satins are prone to as they get older if you haven't already.

I prefer adopting too and definitely recommend it. That's why I have 2 adopted piggies and plan on adopting more in the future. Petfinder.org is a great site to find piggies. I've already been looking. But thank you for the recommendation again. I've read a lot of stuff over at GL, but I don't recall what you mentioned. I'll go back and take a look.

Thanks again.

Cheers.