Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Floor Time Covering

fiannah

Cavy Slave
Hi
I was wondering what every one uses under their piggies play pen when in side? I have 2 cats so have to keep them in a large covered area.
Thanks

Jennicat

Cavy Slave
I use a picnic blanket that I bought at Target. It was about $15, and the "top" is very fleecy and soft, and the bottom is waterproof so no pee makes it through to the carpet.

naturegal592

Cavy Slave
I just puzzle together extra fleece and towels on my tile kitchen floor, It works good for us.

fiannah

Cavy Slave
Hi
Thank you jennycat i was also wondering how you get all the hay off of it?
I always get some left after washing it.
Thank you

Jennicat

Cavy Slave
I shake it off before I wash it, and use a hairbrush to brush off the excess. :)

BellaOwnsMe

Cavy Slave
I use a thick plastic table cloth that I picked up in a discount store with a fleece throw rug over the top of it.

StrawberryField

Cavy Slave
I usually just throw a few old towels down. The floor is linoleum so I'm not too worried about pee going through, although it hasn't been a problem yet.

Jane_G

Cavy Slave
I just use either some fleece if she is in the living room or if she's in the kitchen I don't use anything.

I also have 2 cats and they all get along really well. They mostly ignore each other except for the occasional nose touch.

Cosmictadpole

Cavy Slave
I use a picnic blanket that I bought at Target. It was about $15, and the "top" is very fleecy and soft, and the bottom is waterproof so no pee makes it through to the carpet.

Darnit, this sounded so cool, but when I went to Target to look for one, I couldn't find any. I'm going to keep looking for something like this though, so I don't have to use an extra layer for water-proofing.

Harrys Dad

Cavy Slave

Now that sounds like a great idea!

auburnmare5

Cavy Slave
I asked my mom for a few old towels, and I put down two layers (sometimes one). It depends on the amount of time he'd be on it. But make sure the towel is bigger than the cage because Coco chews it sometimes and pulls it up if it is not too big enough-if that makes sense.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.