Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

saminnv

Cavy Slave
Hello,

I'm a newly registered member, in Southern Nevada, out in a small desert town. I've spent the last three hours reading as much of the site & forums as I could.

I'm a perfect example of someone doing it almost all wrong, unfortunately. guinea pigs from a pet store, in pet store cages, one in each kid's room. I did get the food pretty right, though. They share the horses' timothy hay, and get good pellets, and lots of veggies.

My husband is out buying the grid panels, and I'll pick up a Coroplast sheet tomorrow. We plan to move the two guinea pigs into one large cage in our great room.

These little girls are growing on me, I wasn't expecting that. I was searching on the internet, looking for clues to their personalities, wondering how you could tell if they were happy. (I'm embarrased to admit that.) Apparently ours are not happy. I am planning to change that tomorrow.

babybunny

Cavy Slave
Hi there and welcome! Good luck on the cage building, I am sure that it will make a big difference for them and you. :) Don't be embarrassed on looking up info about them! I know that's how I stumbled upon this site. It haa made a big difference for my boy (who now has a buddy!) and I. So again welcome and good luck! Let us know how it goes.

Ziggy&Herald

Cavy Slave
Welcome, Good to know you are a cavyslave in training. It doesn't take long. I haven't got my title as such yet, but it wont be long. Im sure your pigs will be much happier know that you are more informed. Good luck introducing them if they have not been already!

JanJam

Cavy Slave
Hi Sam -I was doing it all wrong too until I came here ... but it's not wrong to make a mistake, it's only wrong to keep making the same one over and over again ...

Anyway, welcome and just you wait until those piggies get into the larger cage, you will likely see a big difference in their behaviour!

Nyuko

Cavy Slave
Welcome~! It's always great to hear someone making an effort to improve the lives of their guinea pig after finding updated and important information that they didn't know before! I hope they popcorn and run so you can tell just how happy they are once they're in their new home.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.