Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Baytril Dosage...

dextersmycutegp

Cavy Slave
So Dexter has (what we believe to be) a UTI, again. I called the vet yesterday since they just saw him last month for a UTI and they refilled his previous prescription of .34ml of "Entrogenic" and .09ml Baytril, twice a day. Those doses were calculated when he still weighed 2lb 3oz, now he weighs 1lb 15oz. My question is will that dosage be harmful to him, or will it be just fine?
I'd like to start medicating him as soon as possible so he can get some relief since he's been fighting this infection since November (we all thought it was my older guinea pig for a couple of months, then we finally figured out it was him). Xrays were taken last time to make sure it wasn't a bladder stone. :)

Ziggy&Herald

Cavy Slave
Guineaynx hs a dosing chart for baytril. I would try putting his new weight in and see what that says.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.