PDA

View Full Version : Question about using a temporary cage?

kissthepiggie_x
04-18-08, 11:37 am
Hi, I'm a newbie here. I've never had any piggies before. Just thought I'd introduce myself before my question;

Well, I'm getting two piggies tomorrow and I was planning on building them a 2x4 c&c cage tonight, but me, being the idiot I am, got a sheet of correx/coroplast that was too small. The sign-makers I got it from is not open until monday, so I was wondering if there was an alternative I could use?

Could I just use a layer of newspaper, then a layer of towels and then a layer of fleece (the bedding I'm putting into the final cage over the correx) on there own without a bottom or sides? Or should I get the biggest pet shop cage I can find and just use that until monday?

I really don't wanna do the wrong thing :s Any help would be greatly appreciated =]

kissthepiggie_x
04-18-08, 11:54 am
Could I just use a layer of newspaper, then a layer of towels and then a layer of fleece (the bedding I'm putting into the final cage over the correx) on there own without a bottom or sides?

By no sides, I meant at the bottom. I have the cubes as sides, obv.

Ly&Pigs
04-18-08, 12:12 pm
That's fine but I suggest using a vinyl tablecloth under the newspaper. It helps prevent leakage getting to the floor/carpet.