PDA

View Full Version : Guinea Pig Newbie Alert

Mhajika
04-15-08, 01:01 am
Hello! I've been lurking around these forums for a few weeks now and thought it was time I introduced myself. I'm a guinea pig slave in training. I've only had my two boys, Domino and Patches, a little over a week. I found them through a local classified listing. The man that gave them to me was trying to find homes for them for a friend of his who had an accidental litter. They were in a small cage with pellets only. I was told they were around seven weeks old, but after reading around a bit I'm not too sure about that. Their weight doesn't seem to match up with other piggies around their age that I've read about.

Domino is nearly all white with the exception of two black circles around his eyes. He's the bigger of the two and as of today, weighs 9.9 oz. Patches is black, white and copper and currently weighs 8.3 oz. They're both kind of fuzzy/fluffy and have spikes running down their backs. They popcorn and run laps quite a bit in a 2x4 C&C cage. I've been feeding them KM's timothy/bluegrass hay and her alfalfa pellets too. Patches will eat veggies, but so far Domino won't even go near them. The past few days they've been bickering a bit, nothing too serious so far, just safe non-combative, dominance behavior.

Anyhow, just wanted to say hello to the community and thanks for providing such a wonderful site. I've learned so much from here and continue to learn more each day!

Ziggy&Herald
04-16-08, 12:52 pm
Hey cute piggies. Hope you have fun posting. The forums really are very informative!