Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

Australia Grids in Sydney/Sutherland

nerflung

Cavy Slave
Hi,
I've recently decided to put together a C&C cage for my sisters' Guinea Pigs and I've seen Amber Tiles in Caringbah suggested as a source of Corflute, but I've been having trouble finding any Grids available in stores in my area or online. I'm located at Miranda in the Sutherland Shire. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

pigsforlife

Cavy Slave
Dealsdirect often have grids. They are an online company. Bunnings sometimes have grids, as does The Reject Shop.

nerflung

Cavy Slave
Thanks for the quick reply!
I've tried Dealsdirect and The Reject Shop but they're both currently out of stock. I also tried Bunnings in Caringbah but they didn't seem to know what I was talking about, lol. I'll give Aldi a try tomorrow, but does anyone know if there are any places I can buy/order them from right now?

nerflung

Cavy Slave
Oh, I should have also noted that I will be in Wollongong early next week if anybody knows of any locations there either. I will probably ring Bunnings and The Reject Shop there in advance.

newbie meggie

Cavy Slave
when you go to bunnings remember to look in the storage section, thats where i bought my grids :)

raspberryruffle

Cavy Slave
Hi,

I got mine from Bunnings at Caringbah. When I called them to find out if they had stock they didn't know what I was talking about. When I went in there they had heaps. This was last year though but I am sure they keep them in stock. I heard that they sell them in KMart too. I was the one that mentioned amber tiles for the corflute. I am renewing my corflute as it is getting a bit tatty now. I think I am going to buy my next lot as the corflute that you buy is a lot sturdier. Hope this helps.

nerflung

Cavy Slave
Thanks again for the replies!

I had a look around Bunnings Caringbah for an hour or so in the storage section and other aisles but didn't have any luck. I also had a look around The Reject Shop in Wollongong but they no longer sold any. I didn't have time to look inside the Bunnings in Wollongong but I rang them up and they said they didn't have any either. I'll give KMart a try some time over the weekend.

Has anyone else bought some grids anywhere in Australia in the past few months or so? I may be able to convince some friends in other states to buy some and have them post them to me but I'm a little concerned about the postage costs.

newbie meggie

Cavy Slave
I'm suprised that you cannot find any at bunnings.. at work at the moment but I'll check if they are called anything on the packaging later when I'm at home.

nerflung

Cavy Slave
Finally managed to pick some up at Bunnings in Wollongong. They were flat stacked down the very end of the storage aisle with no sort of labeling or anything on it, just a picture of the assembled cubes. They had plenty of Corflute at Amber Tiles too, about 30 sheets or so.
Thanks for the replies guys, much appreciated.

nerflung

Cavy Slave
Sorry, just another quick question. I've been having a bit of trouble finding a good place for hay/pellets around here. Right now I've been ordering them from Oxbow on e-bay but it's quite expensive and the shipping costs are starting to add up. There's a Petcare 2000 store up the road but the stuff they sell is pretty crappy, mostly dry/dusty hay and seeds/corn instead of pellets. Anyone know a place I can buy some?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.