Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Honey's Sick and is going to the vet!

Honey_Bunny

Cavy Slave
Hi, my guinea pig Honey hasnt been eating or pooping and she hardly drinks. She is definetly thinner. I put a bowl of water in her cage instead of her water bottle hoping that she will drink out of that. She wont even eat her favorite veggie, lettuce. She is almost 6 and my mom said she was dying. At the word "dying" it started crying and i held Honey in my arms. My mom came up about 10 minutes later saying that we are going to take her to the vet. I was so relieved but she said that i should be prepared if the vet says that there is nothing she can do and it is old age. Still, i would feel better going to the vet. Please pray for her! :weepy: :weepy: :weepy:

poozillas41

Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry, I hope Honey gets through okay!

frashy

Cavy Slave
Aww, I am so sorry to hear this! Hopefully all goes well! You will be in our thoughts and prayers for sure.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
Are you handfeeding?

pigsforlife

Cavy Slave
If she isnt eating you need to handfeed her. There is no reason why she wont recover with handfeeding and diagnosing the problem causing the weight loss and then appropriately treating it.

Pumpkin_RIP

Cavy Slave
Pigsforlife, be careful what you say. I'm Honey_Bunnys friend and neighbor, and Honey has just past away, even though my friend was doing everything she could and handfeeding her.

PiggieMamaKelly

Cavy Slave
Did the pig go to the vet? What was diagnosed?

I'm sorry honey didn't make it :(

Char-x

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
Sorry to hear about you're loss, bless Honey in Rainbow Bridge

((hugs))

auburnmare5

Cavy Slave
No, Honey did not make it to a vet. There is a post in In Memory. I am so sorry Honey_Bunny. Honey lived a ;ong and happy life.

luvguineapig88

Cavy Slave
I`m so sorry for your loss, RIP Honey.

pigsforlife

Cavy Slave
Pigsforlife, be careful what you say. I'm Honey_Bunnys friend and neighbor, and Honey has just past away, even though my friend was doing everything she could and handfeeding her.

There was nothing wrong with what I said. With proper handfeeding and a DIAGNOSIS (which didnt happen cause the pig didnt get to the vet) and then APPROPRIATE TREATMENT, there was NO reason why she couldnt recover.

Pumpkin_RIP

Cavy Slave
There was nothing wrong with what I said. With proper handfeeding and a DIAGNOSIS (which didnt happen cause the pig didnt get to the vet) and then APPROPRIATE TREATMENT, there was NO reason why she couldnt recover.

Actually, we are pretty sure she died from old age. I'm sure a vet could do nothing to stop an animal from dying of old age. You don't need to get upset, I was just leting you know. Sometimes animals cannot get better.

pigsforlife

Cavy Slave
Actually, we are pretty sure she died from old age. I'm sure a vet could do nothing to stop an animal from dying of old age. You don't need to get upset, I was just leting you know. Sometimes animals cannot get better.

No a vet could do nothing to stop an animal from dying from old age, but you dont know that that was what it was. It could have been something like teeth problems that were causing the weight loss, which could have been treated. This is what I was saying. I am not getting upset, just trying to get my point through.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.