Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

New thanks to you!

milfette

Cavy Slave
I finally adopted a piggy!

3 years ago i had bought a piggy for my birthday from a petstore. She was popcorning, purring and the likes.... for the first three months anyway! by the time she was 8 months old, she passes and I was broken and stunned. I had no idea why and at the time I had no computer so trying to ask people at PJ's and the likes was getting me no where and I had vowed to never put a piggy through that ever again!

Until I found cavy cages... with all the information you guys gave me here, i was able to find MULTIPLE things that were wrong with Bella before she had passed. I still feel bad for what happened to her but i was ready to be a piggy mom again.

So last weekend i built a 2x3 two level c&c cage with fleece lining and proceeded to the SPCA(humane society) They only had the one piggy but it really inspired confidence in me when they basically halted my "interview" because i outsmarted them by a long shot. i saw she was developing bumble foot and needed a bath to get the crustys off her skin but other than that she was happy.

So now she is home, squeeing but not yet purring and im watching the SPCA's site for my next piggy!!

seriously... THANKS EVERYONE for helping me save a piggy!!

oh and by the way. on Bella's last day she was lethargic and I was scared so I had to call around to find a vet who could care for a pig but by the time I found one she died in the car in the parking lot.

ginger12508

Cavy Slave
I'm sorry about what happened to your past piggies! But always adopt from rescues, since there are a lot of homeless pigs out there. Welcome to this forum! You can learn a lot here, trust me. And Congrats on your new pig!

RufussMom

Cavy Slave
I am so glad you found this site and that it inspired you to adopt! Your story is exactly why most people are not ready to have a pet because they have not yet researched them, so now that you have you should be a good mom!

wiggley_narco

Cavy Gazer
It's always awesome to know that someone has learned so much through this site--it makes me proud to be a part of it! :)

Just in case of an emergency like Bella's, you should go ahead and find a cavy savvy vet now so you'll know where to take your piggies in the future.

Good luck, and post pigtures!

BiscoJosh

Cavy Slave
I totally agree about this website - w/o it, my boys would NOT be getting the proper diet or living conditions. but now they are pampered pigs. viva la guineapigcages.com!

fourboys4now

Cavy Slave
I'm so proud of you for adopting. What a cute piggy. Have you decided on a name yet?

milfette

Cavy Slave
actually her name was moo moo but i wasn't enjoying that, and she doesn't respond to it so i asked my son(3) what to name her and he said Kitty but somehow we landed on piggy

i still am thinking of naming her mittens because my hamsters name is boots

JanJam

Cavy Slave
ohhhh.... she's so CUTE!!! :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.