PDA

View Full Version : I need help with my cage

pet1606
12-11-04, 06:43 pm
I am in dyer need of help with my guinea pig's cage. I have, as of now, what I guees you would call a "commercial cage." You know, the wire top with the plastic bottom. It is about 2.5ft by 1ft and 4 inches deep for one guinea pig. I was wondering if this is big enough and a god cage or if I should buy or build a new one. If building is the case, then I would like to no how, where to buy supplies, and what to use to build it.

Sorry if this is in another thred, but I am short on time and not in the mood to look around at the moment.

Poohbear
12-11-04, 08:13 pm
ummm... that is to small look on the home page to find out how much one guniea pig needs for space and the instructions on how to build the cage are on the home page and then you clock how to. I hope that helps

pet1606
12-11-04, 08:44 pm
it is long enough accross, just not going back or whatever. i still don't understand how to build the c&c cages and there is nowhere near me that cells materials. I might just buy another "commercial cage" at my local pet store.

Poohbear
12-12-04, 07:28 am
oh no pe1606 do not buy a pet cage. You can find the cubes at a nearest target and you can find coroplast at Kinkos, fast signs, and you can check in the phonebook for sign shops.

Piglet
12-12-04, 07:56 am
Go to www.cavycages.com (http://www.cavycages.com)

That cage is way too small for one guinea pig, and commecial cages are a) too small and b) way too expensive and c) you are supporting pet stores. Yuck!

A guinea pigs needs at least 7 square feet. On the home page it tells you how to build a cage and where to find materials. Did you look? You can cubes from target, staples, walmart and loads of other places. Coroplast can be bought from you nearest sign store. Look it up in the yellow pages and tell them that its for a guinea pig cage because they may reduce the cost.

Good luck!

dagwellismypigy
12-13-04, 11:24 am
gget your piggy a pal asap!

AngelsCavies
12-13-04, 11:30 am
its much cheaper to build a cage. Target, Costcos, Walmart sells cubes. target and costcos is much cheaper to buy cubes and go to kinkos that do signage or a sign store and buy one sheet of coroplast a 4'x8' will do a great 2x4 cage size. good luck