Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

water and food

E

easterjellybean

water and food

Hi! I'm a brand new piggie owner. Her name is jellybean. I've had her for two days and haven't witnessed her drink yet. I know she eaten due to the empty food dish in the morning. How do I know? How much food do I give her? Do I keep timothy hay in the cage all the time?

I'd be very thankful for any answers you have! ;)

A

alilporkbun

Consumption

The amount of water that a piggie drinks vary from pig to pig. For example, Zoe goes through her water bottle very quickly while Frank drinks far less. But I still change the bottles everyday.

Pellets make up much of the protein in the piggies' diet. Because it can lead to them being overweight, it shouldn't make up the majority of the diet.

I always keep timothy hay available in the cages. Hay should make up the majority of their diet.

Hope this was relatively helpful.

M

michaelince

water and food

There are lots of good Guinea Pig web sites to look at for feeding (and other) information, (I can't remember the URLs at present - use google and look for Cavy Spirit, Guinea Lynx, Seagull Guinea Pig).

Those sites will also give good advice on housing, health, behaviour etc. You'll be able to make better friends with Jellybean the more you understand about her ...

I'm sure you'll be 'enslaved' pretty soon.:D

Attachments

Leila & Nibbler 10 weeks.jpg Leila & Nibbler 10 weeks 2.jpg Leila & Nibbler 17 weeks.jpg
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.