Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Puberty settng in - problem

pignewton

Cavy Slave
My baby boar has just started puberty. Today he and the older one (age 2 years) had a little confrontation. Teeth chattering, head raising, rumblestrutting. Nothing major and I know not to separate. Should I try and distract them though? Like offer some veggies or make a loud noise. Or should I just let them be?

fourboys4now

Cavy Slave
As long as no blood is drawn I would leave them be. A buddy bath is often suggested if they continue to fight. Good luck to your piggies, hope they calm down soon.

talla's mommy

Cavy Slave
I'm sure they'll calm down. My little boys have been together since they were born and have begun doing stuff like this. They've settled down a bit and seem to have come to an agreement.

pignewton

Cavy Slave
I guess Im just over worried because I had to rehome another boar for fighting with the oldest. They just never got along even though I separated until puberty passed, did buddy baths, etc. It broke my heart and I dont want to go through that again.

PhoenixFeather

Cavy Slave
If it's minor, let them work it out. I do sometimes tell our two "Hey! cut it out!" when they start getting into it, which does distract them, but I'm not convinced that that's either necessary or desirable.

Our two boys are both in puberty (8 mos) and they rumble a lot, but that seems to be the extent of it. So we just let them be. It sounds like your two will do fine together.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.