Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Need C&C cage advice please!

Honey_Bunny

Cavy Slave
I have a regualr small pet store cage but i wanted something better for my guinea pig. So, bought the cubes you need to get for a c&c cage and i set it up. My guinea pigs loves it and she runs around a lot more. I put newpaper at the bottom and then fleece at the top to stop pee from getting to the carpet. The problem is that my mom wont let me keep her in the big cage unless i'm with her in the room. Any advice? I want Honey to spend more time running around and less time squished in her old cage but i cant be with her 24/7. HELP! :sad:

fourboys4now

Cavy Slave
If you haven't got coroplast yet, you could buy that to put as the bottom of the cage. Then layers of towels and fleece on top. If she is concerned about another animal getting to your piggy or your piggy somehow finding a way out, you could buy shelving at Lowe's to use as a fold up lid. If you'll pull up my picutes you'll see the shelving I was speaking of. We just used zip ties to keep it attached to the cubes in the middle.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.