Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

URI Questions

CavyLuver4Life

Cavy Slave
I believe that my piggy has a URI. I came home today and his breathing sounded shallow and crackly. Our vet is out of town now, and we just saw him last week for a exam (No mites! Yay!) I know penicillin is deadly to piggies, so, until my vet gets back, does anyone have any temporary remedies?:?:

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
There are no temporary remedies. When is your vet going to get back and are there any other cavy savvy vets where you live?

Make sure to keep an eye on your pig and watch for signs like decreased eating, pooing, peeing and lethargy. See Guinea Lynx :: URI for more info.

Pumpkin_RIP

Cavy Slave
I would suggest looking in your area for another pig savvy vet, by now the URI has probably been going on for about a week, since by the time people notice symptoms it has been going on for a while. My piggie is just recovering froma URI, and she had funny breathing with a crackly sound.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.