PDA

View Full Version : Hi from CA

pixie
03-04-08, 01:09 pm
I have posted on here but have not introduced myself. I just adopted two females from the Orange County Cavy Haven. Shea is a month old and Solay is 8months (mom and daughter). Shea is very active and weaks and popcorns as soon as she hears the veggie bags or when I get near the cage to talk to them. Solay on the other hand is very shy. She does not popcorn, weak or come out of her hidey much. I was told that she is still skittish and needs a lot of affection. I am very excited that I found this forum... a lot of great information. I will post pictures of them soon.

Ashes.
03-04-08, 01:35 pm
*waves*

I'm new myself but its nice to have you aroound.

Have you had pigs before? And what type of cage do you have?

Ly&Pigs
03-04-08, 01:44 pm
Thank you for adopting. OCCH is a wonderful rescue.

pixie
03-04-08, 01:56 pm
Hello... I have a 2x4 cage with a 1x4 loft (C&C cage). I have never owned pigs before.. these pretty girls are my first. I know rabbits and pigs aren't the same.. but I was given two bunnies (sisters) for my tenth birthday and they died at the age of 7 and 8. They were my babies. All my friends would laugh at me because while they had cats... I had rabbits. They were potty trained and loved to lay with me while doing my homework. It's been 10 years since then, and my husband and I were looking into rabbits again.. but I started reading on cavies.. and fell in love. I have doing a lot of research and when I came across Shea and Solay's picture, I immediatly emailed Susan. Now I have two beautiful silky mix pigs.

newpiggiemommy
03-04-08, 02:57 pm
Congrats! Welcome to the wonderful world of piggies! This is the best site ever to find information. I have been here for more than a month and I learn more and more everyday! Good luck with your new babies.

And, thank you for adopting!!!

pig-in-paradise
03-04-08, 03:16 pm
Hi there,

I'm so glad to hear you adopted Shea and Solay, I had my eye on them since they came to OCCH right after I adopted my 2 girls. They look adorable.

Just give the mommy time, quietly put your hands in the cage as often as you can (just to straighten things out and clean up) and soon her curiosity will get the better of her.

Good luck and welcome!