Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

I think Dodge has ringworm - new here

Dodge

Cavy Slave
Hi all, i am new to the board. i have a female baby guinea pig named Dodge. I just got her, get this, 2 days ago and she seems to have something wrong with her. she has a bald patch on her shoulder, nose and snout. its kinda flaky. i've seen pictures of ringworm on guinea pigs recently on the web and it looks like that. i am taking her to the vet tomorrow. can anyone give some suggestions on what to do that might work at home as well as vet meds and does this mean i cant play with her? i have a 3 yr old son and i dont want him to get ringworm!

mommyoffive

Cavy Slave
Just make sure you throughly wash you hands before and after handling your guinea pig. Good hygine is the best way to control the spread of ringworm. I wouldnt recommend letting your son handle you guinea pig until he is completly eradicated of the ringworm or whatever it may be.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.