Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Edstrom brand Water Buddy water bottles? Anybody use these?

sophistacavy

Cavy Slave
:?: I think these look like a wonderful idea. I bought a small 8 ounce one for my syrian hamster Gracie, but I don't believe she ever drank out of it, or figured out how to, so after 2 days I put her old one back.

I gave the same bottle to my rat, Delta, and she learned how to use it right away. I had her cagemate Roxy in a seperate cage right besdie hers while in the Introduction stage, and I still have a feeling that Roxy was drinking a bit more water (with her regular water bottle) than Delta was.

These bottles are terriffic, though! They don't leak at all, ever, even when the cage shakes, or you transport the bottle with any amount of water in it. :tearsofjo They have a tiny hole in the top near near the lid to allow air flow for their special suction design, so you can't lean in backwards if its very full of water, but thats nothing. Also, it has a large opening compared to traditional bottles, so its extremely easy to clean and sanitize, plus its dishwasher safe. :relieved:

I would only worry about guinea pigs drinking the same amount of water out of them compared to their normal bottle. Also, rats are about the smartest rodent pet, so I don't know if every cavy would learn how to use it. (I have 3 girls, so 3/3 of them would have to be smart enough to use it. lol ) Or, I guess if 1/3 or 2/3 were smart enough to use it, I could always provide an additional water bottle of the regular type...except leaking is a bad problem, .:yuck:

Thanks in advance!

sophistacavy

Cavy Slave
How do I get the picture to show up?? Lol, still nobody?

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
I have no experience with these bottles. You can always try one and see how it does.

sophistacavy

Cavy Slave
Oh ok, thanks anyways! I think I will try one, they seem like a fairly new product too.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.