Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Problem with finding a safe and easy floortime.

AnimalFarm2006

Cavy Slave
Hello all,

You guys may not know me too well, but I am owned by four guineas. All of which I have adolpted/rescued thats to you guys for opening my eyes.

Now recently I have been only taking the boys out once a week for floortime due to the amount of time I have durring the week. I want to change that because it seems my guineas no longer wheek as loud as before when I come home or give them hay. Nor do I see jazz's famouse popcorns. I feel like i'm a bad mother because they are bored?!?!?!

Do here are my questions:

Since we live in a small trailor, We don't have a lot of room. I orignaly just put a pen up but I ran out of panels for more than a 2x2 )( tooo smalll )(, I tried the kitchin but because my boys fight it's one at a time type of process )( Takes too long )(, and my last option is to turn my bathroom floor into a quick floor time.

Heres a photo:

I would need to block the back.

Block that BIG time.

and this is the whole bathroom. and the ONLY bathroom. lol

Do you think I could use the bathroom as a quick floor time for the weekdays?

Asria

Cavy Carnage

Cavy Slave
It looks a good place to use! It also wouldn't be very difficult at all to block off, just a small scrap of wood wedged in etc. I don't quite understand when you say your guinea pigs don't get on, do you mean you are going to make 2 seperate floor time areas? Well good luck with whatever you decide!

AnimalFarm2006

Cavy Slave
I meant they do not get along! I'm sorry. I should use the spell checker lol.

The last too time they were together, They faught and my jiggy got his lip sliced and lost a few onces because it hurt. Everyone is gaining again, but now they are all kinda laying around when I get home.

Last night however, I woke up because the girls were doing nothing but running around. lol noisey little buggers.

fourboys4now

Cavy Slave
As long as there is nothing they could get hurt on, I think the bathroom would be fine. Just a change of scenery outside of their cage is one reason floor time is so great for piggies. I have 6 boys and I have to have 2 floor times. One for the 4 boys who live together, and another for the other 2 who live together. I use floor time as the time they get their cilantro or parsley, they really look forward to it after I've got home from work. They wheek until they get their time out in the evenings.

AnimalFarm2006

Cavy Slave
I've planed to let the guineas had a 30 minit floor time where they will get A peice of Kale. ^.^

btw, It's my 18th birthday today.

luvsgiraffes

Cavy Slave
Happy Birthday!

Sorry I dont have a good answer for the original question asked...

newpiggiemommy

Cavy Slave
Happy 18th Birthday!
I hope you have a happy and blessed day!

The bathroom looks good for floor time! Just make sure you piggie proof the room really well!

Jess Z

Cavy Slave
I have a bathroom larger than that, but I just block off the door with a baby gate. Then, I store the floor time stuff in there under the sink :p! Then, I just take out the toys, grab some hay and veggies, and let them go!!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.