Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

hard time finding grids

trying to learn

Cavy Slave
I am going crazy. I live in a small town and know there is a couple of people up here that knows where I am. My question is can anyone help me find some grids? I live in Murfreesboro, NC. I have looked in Ahoskie, Franklin and Murfreesboro. I know that is not very much looking, but I will do more this weekend hopefully. I would rather be bale to go some where to pick them up instead of getting something online. I plan on checking at wal-mart in Roanoke Rapids this weekend and maybe Rockymount. Any help would be great. I know my pigs are tired of being in a small cage and I am having to clean it everyday almost.

Astrantia

Cavy Slave
Why not order some grids off the net?

leena

Cavy Slave
If you have a Target they seem to carry grids, atleast they do here. Our walmart doesn't carry grids.

Jenni_Feathers

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
At walmart, you can order them online and have them shipped to a nearby store for free. They do not stock them in stores though, I dont believe.

trying to learn

Cavy Slave
I searched online at walmart and target and could not find them. What serach term should I use. I have been putting in grids or cube grids. Any ideas?

RaspberrySwirl

Cavy Slave
I searched online at walmart and target and could not find them. What serach term should I use. I have been putting in grids or cube grids. Any ideas?

I searched 'storage cubes' and got some Whitmor cubes on Wal-Mart's site for $14.88

trying to learn

Cavy Slave
Thank you so very much. I guess I was not searching the right terms.

trying to learn

Cavy Slave
Okay if my counting is right there are 4 cubes in all so that makes 20 grids. How many grids and connectors will it take to make a 2x5 or 2x6 cage?

Jennicat

Cavy Slave
Targets also have cubes right now. They're Organize-It brand, and are between $12-$14. That brand is not on their website (though the Whitmore brand is). If you go into the store, there's a section for closet organization, and they're almost always right there with it.

Newpiggiemom

Cavy Slave
Hello, it's me in Jackson. I have gotten all of my cubes from Target in Rocky Mount. (I think I've gotten about 5 boxes total). they almost always have them. The Wal Mart in Roanoke Rapids doesn't carry them that I know of. Rocky Mount Target is a really good bet.

TX_2_Pigs

Cavy Slave
Okay if my counting is right there are 4 cubes in all so that makes 20 grids. How many grids and connectors will it take to make a 2x5 or 2x6 cage?

It depends on whether you want a floor and/or lid.

2x5 without floor/lid = 14 grids
2x5 with floor no lid = 24 grids
2x5 with floor and lid = 34 grids

2x6 without floor/lid =16 grids
2x6 with floor no lid = 28 grids
2x6 with floor and lid = 40 grids

You can use the white wire closet shelving as an alternative to grids for a lid if you have to make it closed.

trying to learn

Cavy Slave
Thanks very much two you both. This is very helpful. My mom lives in Rockymount and I have her checking at target for me. Thanks for the cage info I will keep up with all of this.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.