PDA

View Full Version : About water bottles

TF_Mason06
02-26-08, 12:09 am
Hi there is there a water bottle that does not leak?

JeevesIsMyPig
02-26-08, 12:47 am
I brought a normal one from a shop its the brand
"Pet ace"
If u press the ball in a few times it stops leaking :)

Glitterdust
02-26-08, 06:43 am
I bought Super Pet glass water bottles and they haven't been leaking, yet.

sophistacavy
02-28-08, 09:20 pm
I think its generally hard to find a water bottle thats a good size capacity for guinea pigs that does not leak. =( I tried the SuperPet brand Flat-Bac water bottle, 32 ounce, but every day the bedding seemed to get wetter right underneath the sipper tube. I would check to see if it was dripping, and it had a little drip hanging off, but I think its affected by the shaking caused by happy piggies running around the cage! :)

SerpentineSylph
02-28-08, 11:52 pm
I have had EXCELLENT luck with Farnam bottles. Not a leak.
In fact, for my new pig I bought a new spiffy flatback bottle and found out it leaked... terribly. So, I tried swapping the cap from my old Farnam rabbit bottle (after cleaning, of course) and it worked perfectly! Not one drip. When I had my rabbit (she's no longer with us) this bottle worked like a charm, and has yet to fail. I've had these bottles in the past and they've all been fantastic. I highly recommend. :)

sophistacavy
03-01-08, 10:20 pm
In fact, for my new pig I bought a new spiffy flatback bottle and found out it leaked... terribly. So, I tried swapping the cap from my old Farnam rabbit bottle (after cleaning, of course) and it worked perfectly! Not one drip. When I had my rabbit (she's no longer with us) this bottle worked like a charm, and has yet to fail. I've had these bottles in the past and they've all been fantastic. I highly recommend. :)

;) I think I might try the Farnam brand for my piggies! lol Thanks for the review.

newpiggiemommy
03-01-08, 10:26 pm
Until you find a bottle that doesn't leak, you can place a garden brick under the bottle to help absorb the drips and keep the bedding dry!

sophistacavy
03-01-08, 10:42 pm
Until you find a bottle that doesn't leak, you can place a garden brick under the bottle to help absorb the drips and keep the bedding dry!

:ohmy: I don't mean to sound naive, but how will the piggies get to their water? I heard that they're not supposed to have to work to get to their water bottle, it is water after all, not like a treat such as fruit or parsley. Rats would make more sense to do that with, unless I'm missing something here....

auburnmare5
03-01-08, 11:04 pm

Is it the purple 32oz one with rabbits all over it?
That is the one I have and I agree, I have had it for 3 years and I love it. Not one problem!

newpiggiemommy
03-01-08, 11:25 pm
You hang the water bottle above a brick so that it drips onto the brick and not the bedding. The piggies will put their front paws up on the brick and drink from the spout of the water bottle. The brick is just their to soak up the water that might drip out in between them drinking! They can still get to their water!!