Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Rebuilding my cage

leena

Cavy Slave
I'm going to begin rebuilding my c&c cage tomorrow. I have a full sheet of coroplast on order and it should be in tomorrow. Right now my 2 piggies are living in a 3 X 3 C&C cage. I'd like to expand to atleast a 2X6 or 3 X6 with a large second floor, possibly from the coroplast of their existing cage. I really hate to just throw it out. I'd love to know how people support a large second story without using up first floor space.
Thanks,
Leena

fourboys4now

Cavy Slave
I don't have a second floor in my cages, but I have noticed alot of great pictures of other cages on this site. I would be sure and check them out and see if one would work for you. Good luck with the building!

leena

Cavy Slave
I looked around and decided to go with a 2X6 on the bottom floor and an upper level U with 8 grids as the top floor. The best part is that if my boys end up not getting along, which is the path they're currently on, I can split the cage into 2, 2X3s with upper levels of 4 grids. My husband seems to think the cage is bigger than our couch right now.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.