PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Glitterdust
02-21-08, 08:27 am
I've been using this site as a reference for several months now, but have finally gotten around to posting. First, I want to say hi and thank everyone. This is such an informative site. I wish I had found it when we had our first piggie, Abby. Now on with the really important stuff, my piggie bio. About 7 weeks ago I adopted 2 pigs, Cinnamon, a beige teddy with pink eyes, was about 5 months old, and Emily, a black, brown, and white texel with 2 missing toes on her back right foot, was about 7 months. About 2 weeks ago I found another little girl, Delilah, 8 weeks old, on craigslist and have her currently in quarantine. I'll have to revise my cage plan in about a week to introduce the littlest one. And I still have to post a picture of Delilah, but she doesn't pose for the camera, yet.

pig-in-paradise
02-21-08, 04:17 pm
Welcome aboard, Glitterdust :)

It sounds like you have a great little cavy family. Cinnamon and Emily look too cute in their cozies and I can't wait to see a pic of Delilah. But I'm sure she's adorable as well.

Just out of curiosity, how did Emily lose her toes? Poor thing.

fourboys4now
02-21-08, 09:16 pm
That's so sad about your little girl having missing toes. One of my boys actually has an extra toe in the back that just kind of hangs there. It doesn't seem to bother him and it's never caught on anything. Good luck with the intros between your girls. Would love to see pigtures of all together when intros are done.

Glitterdust
02-24-08, 05:34 pm
I was told that Emily lost her toes at birth. Apparently her mom got overzealous cleaning her and bit them off. It seems to have no effect on her and I love her all the more because of it.

Wheek Weak
02-26-08, 04:20 pm
Welcome, and kudos to you for doing your homework here before getting your piggies.

It sounds like they'll have a wonderful home with you!