Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Crazy piggie stunts!

newpiggiemommy

Cavy Slave
Is there any way to slow down baby guinea pigs so they do not run halfway down the ramp and leap down the rest?

My babies love to run up and down the ramp, but they tend to popcorn or leap from about halfway up the ramp to the bottom. It doesn't seem to bother them at all but all the commotion is stressing me out. I am afraid that they will hurt themselves. What can I do?

bamby71994

Cavy Slave
You can put in some soft fleece or put a small wall around the ramp. Mine does this too. He would have a huge fit if I put a wall up, he is spoiled.:love:

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
Does the ramp have rails on it?

cavyinhawaii

Cavy Slave
Mine did that too. I put a polyester pillow under the area where they hop off. The pillow is totally smooth, no fringe etc.The ramp was up to the back of the cage so I only needed it in the front of the ramp.

newpiggiemommy

Cavy Slave
Ly ~ the ramp has a rail on one side and the other side is up against the wall of the cage. The problem is that they get halfway down the ramp and make a leap forward down the rest of the way! At the bottom of the ramp is about 6 inches of cage floor covered with fleece and then the wall front wall of the cage. It is almost a popcorn move they are doing but they end up flying about 5-6 inches down the ramp!

newpiggiemommy

Cavy Slave
I think they have finally stopped leaping down the ramp, at least for the moment!
I have never seen such active piggies!!!

Feylin

Cavy Slave
Ha! I thought they were leaping directly over the side! I have a boy who likes to popcorn mid-ramp and he's not a baby by anymeans- he's over 3lbs. I had to reinforce the ramp to stand up to the popcorning.

nikoandqueenie

Cavy Slave
Hello Cavy slaves. I'm new and wanted to introduce my self. I have two piggies. Both male. They haven't been together yet. I'm excited to meet you all. I want the best for my pigs. I can see I have a lot to learn, from cage types to bedding ect. I am looking to buy a bigger cage, but not sure where to start.

newpiggiemommy

Cavy Slave
My older ones are now doing the same thing. I give up. I think they are fine. I am just a little paranoid of injuries. It seems like the more active the babies get the more active the older ones get! It is so cute to see them running up and down the ramp!

Sammy and Peanut

Cavy Slave
Peanut does that all the time. I put his hammock up across the ramp(about two inches under it actually. So when he jumps from that it will only be a tiny fall.) and it worked perfectly fine! He just jumped into the hammock.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.