Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

I am Fresh Meat!

Cherish

Cavy Slave
That's right; I'm fresh meat, I'm brand spankin' new and I'm ready and willing to become an active member of this community!

I am Cherish (yes, it is my real name, and no, I didn't make it up) and my husband and I currently have four very troublesome little boars, who we love to pieces and spoil rotten.

To introduce them individually (for they are individuals, all with very distinct personalities);

The Doctor:

An adventerous little fellow, who definately seems to prefer human company to that of other guinea pigs, but he's a softy at heart and spends most of his time out of the cage, following me around our flat like a little duckling! Approximately 8-9 months old.

The Professor:

A highly-strung little grumpus! We've no idea how old he is, or what his past life was like before he came here; but he only eats what he wants to eat, will only be petted when he wants to be petted. He's very skittish, and it's difficult to earn the little guy's trust, but there's nothing more rewarding than the first time he takes a tasty piece of cucumber from your hand.

The Scientist:

He's only 5 months old, but he already weighs nearly as much as The Doctor! He's a big, fat, cuddly ball of fluff and will snuggle up to just about anybody. He might be clumsy, and often seems to trip over his own feet, but he's affectionate enough to make up for it a hundred times over. Some say he's a big, strong boy because of his breed- a Rex. I say it's because he's a good boy, and eats up all his spinach!

The Captain:

Our youngest baby. Like The Scientist, he was the result of pet shops selling pregnant sows to unsuspecting owners, and would have either been given to a shelter or sent back to a pet shop, had we not provided him with a home. He loves attention, and will happily snuggle up with both people and guinea pigs, and is one of the chattiest little guys I've ever come across!

So that's me and my boys, sorry if I rambled on about them too much!
I find that internet forums are the best place to talk about guinea pigs with other like-minded people, who don't mind me rattling on about how fascinating these little creatures are.

(PS- apologies in advance for any typos in my posts. My poor old laptop is "on its last legs" as my mother would say, and some of the keys often stick.)

newpiggiemommy

Cavy Slave
Hello and Welcome! Your little guys are ADORABLE! The Captain and The Doctor are my favorites. I have a little bit of OCD and I really like piggies with smooth coats.

Happy reading! I guarantee you will not run out of useful information to read on here. I learn something new everyday!

pig-in-paradise

Cavy Slave
Hi Cherish!

Great post, I loved reading about your piggies. What a handsome bunch :)

SerpentineSylph

Cavy Slave
That was a wonderful introduction! Full of personality and pigtures! (That's awlays the best. ;) )

Are your pigs really named The Captain, The Scientist, The Doctor, and The Professor? That's too cool! lol

piggly wiggly

Cavy Slave
Hello, and welcome! Your boys are very handsome.

fourboys4now

Cavy Slave
Very handsome boys indeed. I have 6 boys and tend to gush about them as well. I think you'll love it on here, I learn something new almost every day.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.