Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Help please lump :(

-Emma-

Cavy Slave
When I was holding my piggy Marty I realised that he had a small black lump ( well its not a lump its hard to explain) where his tail would be (the wee stub) I think beside the grease gland (I think thats what its called) its not big or aything. What could it be ?

Oh and also when I was holding him I noticed a small scratch on Martys nose. Do you the lump might have been formed by Russel biting Marty (Russel has always been the dominant one) but Russel is fine so im not sure if it could have been a fight ??

My mums going to make a vet appointment tonight and hopefully we can get him within the next 3 days.

Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be ?

I might be able to put a picture on later.

Emma :(

i-love-nev

Cavy Slave
When I was holding my piggy Marty I realised that he had a small black lump ( well its not a lump its hard to explain) where his tail would be (the wee stub) I think beside the grease gland (I think thats what its called) its not big or aything. What could it be ?

Oh and also when I was holding him I noticed a small scratch on Martys nose. Do you the lump might have been formed by Russel biting Marty (Russel has always been the dominant one) but Russel is fine so im not sure if it could have been a fight ??

My mums going to make a vet appointment tonight and hopefully we can get him within the next 3 days.

Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be ?

I might be able to put a picture on later.

Emma :(

When I got my hamster a while back she got bit by a cage mate and she formed a cyst she had it flushed and all went OK. But he needs pretty much immediate vet help. I think if they have been fighting it is a possible cyst but I'm no vet. Lol ;) . Hope he gets better soon!

-Emma-

Cavy Slave
Thanks my mums calling the vet tonight to make an appointment do you think he would be ok until Thursday or Friday ?

Emma.

i-love-nev

Cavy Slave
Thanks my mums calling the vet tonight to make an appointment do you think he would be ok until Thursday or Friday ?

Emma.

Well, if possible get him in earlier but if you cant just make sure it dosent get a lot bigger, keep it clean and make sure he dosent loose loads of weight and is eating/drinking ok, if anything changes about it then try get him in immediately.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.