Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Baby-proofing idea

pig-in-paradise

Cavy Slave
I thought I'd share my idea of baby-proofing the C&C cage here. I know most people use cardboard, but for me and my living room that just looks too nasty.

I bought a large roll (36x60 inches) foamsheet from Michaels (a craft store) and cut it into 10 inch high strips. I stuck the strips between the coroplast and the grids, holding them in place at the top with binder clips.

I think the regular price for the roll is $7, I happened to get it on sale for $5. The cool thing is that when I'm done with it I can either roll it up and save it for next time or use it for other crafts.

Here's a pre-binder clip pic:

guinealovee

Cavy Slave
Your cage looks so nice!

jumbolaya

Cavy Slave
I know this thread's over a year old, but I am so glad I stumbled across this pic! I LOVE your setup (colors, fabric, etc.) and realized that I need to baby-proof my cage. Thanks so much for the great idea!!

danav

Cavy Slave
Did this end up working well? Did you have any problems with the piggies chewing on the craft foam or it not being sturdy enough? I'm getting ready to baby-proof my cage because both of my sows are pregnant, and this looks like an easy way to do it and keep it looking pretty nice.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
I see people are digging up dead threads again. Please watch the dates on threads before replying and take note that many members that were active a year ago are no longer active now. This member has not been active in a very long time, so there most likely won't be an answer from the original poster.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.