PDA

View Full Version : too late???

malexis
02-11-08, 06:21 pm
Is it to late to litter train my pigg after two years of going every where?

also if my piggy isnt trained is it okay to still use fleece and just cleen the poop out every day and wash it as often as needed

Jenni_Feathers
02-11-08, 06:59 pm
Most of the time you can't litter train a pig even at the start. Though you can sorta help by putting a litter pan in the areas they go most like near the hay and food and such. Yes, you can stil use fleece if they are not litter trained, most people who use fleece pigs arent litter trained, including mine. I just scoop out the poops everynight with a ladle it works really well, some people use dustpans or a hand vac. I prefer my ladle though :)

malexis
02-11-08, 07:01 pm
O ohkay, thanks... i think ima use fleece to save money... whats a ladle?

SerpentineSylph
02-11-08, 07:04 pm
I just scoop out the poops everynight with a ladle it works really well, some people use dustpans or a hand vac. I prefer my ladle though :)

Aww! That is too cute! A ladle! lol I don't know why, but the thought of it is just adorable. I may have to try that, it would be a big help getting the poos under the 2nd level. :)

auburnmare5
02-11-08, 07:05 pm
I have heard of potty training a guinea pig, but also, I have heard that it requires alot of patience, and time.

Personally, I would not try it, because it may not work.

You can use fleece still.

As Jenni_Feathers said, you would be better off just cleaning it out 1x or 2x a day.

Also, you can use a hand held vacuum to suck them up.

Hope this helps!:)

auburnmare5
02-11-08, 07:05 pm
I have heard of potty training a guinea pig, but also, I have heard that it requires alot of patience, and time.

Personally, I would not try it, because it may not work.

You can use fleece still.

As Jenni_Feathers said, you would be better off just cleaning it out 1x or 2x a day.

Also, you can use a hand held vacuum to suck them up.

Hope this helps!:)

pigsforlife
02-11-08, 07:10 pm
You can only but try. And if it fails take comfort in knowing that you tried. :)

I have been trying to litter train my girls. We have taken a backwards step though. It certainly helps to have their hay and food near by the litter box. I have their food bowls right next to their litter box and their hay rack over the top of the litter box.

alerz
02-11-08, 08:28 pm
Just as everyone else has already said, it's hard to purposely litter train your piggies. I guess you could say I "accidentally" did so. My pigs tend to urinate and defecate only in their hay box, which is cleaned out daily with new newspaper and in their hidey houses/cuddle cups, which have rags in them that are also replaced daily. I wish I could tell you how they started doing this, but in all honesty, I think it just has to do with the fact that piggies are "pigs" in that they like to go to the bathroom where they eat and sleep! Just try to take advantage of that fact. :yuck:

malexis
02-11-08, 10:55 pm
Okay well i guess im not gonna litter train my piggy, but use fleece still to save money...

when i get a bunny though i will definattly litter train her

pigsforlife
02-11-08, 11:10 pm
I personally would give it a shot. Otherwise you will never know and it will save you a heck of alot of work if they do litter train themselves.

malexis
02-12-08, 09:01 am
i guess it would save me alot of work.... but is it two late after two years?
idk i guess ill try...