Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Where to Buy Grids?

auburnmare5

Cavy Slave
I will be building a 2x4 with a 2x2 loft probably next week.

I am going to buy grids first.

I know that Target has many variations of grids.

I know about:
KMart
Office Max
Staples

What is the best place to buy grids?

How much were they??

Thanks in advance

SerpentineSylph

Cavy Slave
I would have to say Target. I don't know if they're necessarily the best price-wise, I know they're at least one of the better deals ($14.99, when not on sale, for 23 grids and 24 connectors), but one of the nicest things is that they're almost always available there. I bought two boxes, came back about a week later and picked up another box. They do have a few different styles, as you mentioned, though I still opted for the black (it goes with everything!).

My only advise to you is that it will be hard to reach your piggers under the 2x2 unless you put some sort of access door under it on the side of the 2x4 (if that makes any sense).

Good luck with everything!

steve_and_pigs

Cavy Slave
I've been getting them at bed bath and beyond. 4 cubes for $14.99. They are gray, 14.5" inch cubes. The Target size might be different. I don't know what is the "most common" size. My target sells 6 cubes for $19.99.

If you do the math, the bb&b price is better only IF you have a 20% off coupon for each box of cubes, otherwise, the target cubes are cheaper. If you have any of those $5.00 off bb&b coupons, that is the best deal hands down.

The Target "6 cube" packs come with an "odd" number of connectors (23). If you are buying two packs, then that doesn't matter.

I believe bb&b will also accept linens&things coupons.

Last edited:

steve_and_pigs

Cavy Slave
I would have to say Target. I don't know if they're necessarily the best price-wise, I know they're at least one of the better deals ($14.99, when not on sale, for 23 grids and 24 connectors)

$14.99 for 6 cubes is better than any price I've seen! It is basically the same as buying at bb&b if you had a $5.00 off coupon for every box. I guess not all Targets price the same.

What dimensions are the cubes?

auburnmare5

Cavy Slave
Thank you guys for your responses.

My pig Coco, loves to be picked up.

He never runs away, he comes to me.

Again, THANK YOU!!!

chexxy

Cavy Slave
I got mine at Target for $14. Look carefully for them though, because they are not like in bright packages or anyhting. They dont stand out at all.

pig-in-paradise

Cavy Slave
I built my cage just a couple of weeks ago. Went to Bed Bath & Beyond and the manager there told me that they stopped carrying the grids. He called another store and was told it's a chainwide decision. So I ended up buying from Target and lucky for me, it was the last day of a sale for them. Then, a week later, they went on sale again. Gotta love Target!

SerpentineSylph

Cavy Slave
$14.99 for 6 cubes is better than any price I've seen! It is basically the same as buying at bb&b if you had a $5.00 off coupon for every box. I guess not all Targets price the same.

What dimensions are the cubes?

Well, than I guess it is a good deal. lol
They're 14x14.

I got mine at Target for $14. Look carefully for them though, because they are not like in bright packages or anyhting. They dont stand out at all.

It's true. The one's I got were in a dull green and white box, no flashy pictures or anything. I almost passed them!

Last edited:

fourboys4now

Cavy Slave
Our Target price is usually $14.99 and I think one time we caught them on sale for $12.99. I've only seen white and metal at my store.

SerpentineSylph

Cavy Slave
I didn't look very hard because I already had my mind set on black, but they had black and blue the first time I went, and black, blue, white and chrome the second.

alerz

Cavy Slave
I saw at Target yesterday that the cubes are on sale for $12.99.

rabbitsncavyluv

Cavy Slave
Costco has grids too sometimes but the Target price is usually cheaper and you get more grids. The K mart grids are a difference size and may not be as safe to use.

TX_2_Pigs

Cavy Slave
Here is picture of the display at Target.

And a closer picture of the box.

I have gotten all my grids at Target. The first 2 boxes I got had 2 extra grids each to use for shelves. The grids are 14 inches and if you use the connectors it adds 1/2 inch.

I pay either 12.99 or 14.99 depending on whether they are on sale or not. Get enough to build your cage, and then grab at least one extra box. Zip tie that box together except for the last 2 grids, so basically you have this big long wall of grids. You can use this for your floor time pen. You can arrange it into any shape you want to and you just use binder clips to fasten the ends together.

auburnmare5

Cavy Slave
Thank You all!

Your responses were all very helpful!

I will be getting grids either tomorrow or Thursday! lol

TX_2_Pigs- Thank So Much for the pictures. I will know what to look for!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.