Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Introducing Gracie and Token

• Thread starter pig-in-paradise
  • Start date

pig-in-paradise

Cavy Slave
The day finally came and we were able to pick up our girls. Things didn't quite go as planned, out of 2 litters with a total of 7 babies there was only 1 girl. So we decided to take that one girl and the mom of the other litter, who happens to be the baby's mom's daugther from a previous pregnancy. So technically our girls are sisters. Baby Token is 3 weeks old, Gracie is about 6 months old.

The piggies get along really well (they had been in separate cages before) and act like they had been with us and with each other for ever. They eat like there's no tomorrow, run around the cage and even popcorn a lot. Neither of them is afraid of being touched or picked up, which is obviously really fun for us.

So, here they are:

Gracie and Token

Token

Gracie

Sammy and Peanut

Cavy Slave
Awww! They are cute! What breed are they? That is the kind I am looking for!

SerpentineSylph

Cavy Slave
They are absolutely ADORABLE! I love Token's coat colors, and Gracie's bum feathers... Too cute!

Where did you get them from?

pig-in-paradise

Cavy Slave
Thanks, I'm glad you like them too. We are obviously a wee bit biased but we think they are adorable.

Both of them are mainly abbysinians, probably with some else mixed in. Baby Token seems to have some "Crested" in her, and Gracie something long haired.

fourboys4now

Cavy Slave
You better lock your doors and windows or auntie Britt is going to come get them! They are so adorable! I am in love! More pigtures please!

pig-in-paradise

Cavy Slave
They are absolutely ADORABLE! I love Token's coat colors, and Gracie's bum feathers... Too cute!

Where did you get them from?

Thank you so much!

I got them from Rabbit Rescue in Paramount, CA. It was the first time they had guinea pigs and they got SWAMPED. They took in 5 pregnant females, 4 of which gave birth already and one is still pregnant.

pig-in-paradise

Cavy Slave
You better lock your doors and windows or auntie Britt is going to come get them! They are so adorable! I am in love! More pigtures please!

Don't know who auntie Britt is ;) but our dog is definitely on guard duty.

I will definitely take more pics, but if you want to you can see a few more here: (broken link removed) the password is "guinea pigs" (creative, I know)

SerpentineSylph

Cavy Slave
Thank you so much!

I got them from Rabbit Rescue in Paramount, CA. It was the first time they had guinea pigs and they got SWAMPED. They took in 5 pregnant females, 4 of which gave birth already and one is still pregnant.

Oh, my god. Wow! That's a lot to take on.
They had some beautiful babies, though. Your girls really are gorgeous!

Nurse T

Cavy Slave
So cute! I love that crazy hair on Gracie and Token has such a cute face and wonderful colors! Congratulations!

fourboys4now

Cavy Slave
I love the other pigtures on that link. I love the one where they are touching noses. That would be so cute if you enlarged it and framed it. They are so cute. The baby looks like a little mini-me of Gracie.

buttons

Cavy Slave
Ahhh! I'm so annoyed at myself. I can't get into the website with your other pigtures. It says that the password "guinea pigs" is wrong!!

pig-in-paradise

Cavy Slave
Ahhh! I'm so annoyed at myself. I can't get into the website with your other pigtures. It says that the password "guinea pigs" is wrong!!

Buttons, it's without the quotation marks. Let me know if you still have trouble. Thanks!

pig-in-paradise

Cavy Slave
I love the other pigtures on that link. I love the one where they are touching noses. That would be so cute if you enlarged it and framed it. They are so cute. The baby looks like a little mini-me of Gracie.

Oh, thank you! I love that one too. I'll try to catch them like this again one day, with Gracie turned a bit more sideways. Token's stretch makes the pic tho.

fourboys4now

Cavy Slave
Where did you get your cuddle sack? I'm wanting to buy some for my boys and have been looking at different sellers. The one you have looks like a good size.

lynn's Cavies

Cavy Slave
Wow they are adorable. I love the older one's "rooster" hair! So cute!

pig-in-paradise

Cavy Slave
Where did you get your cuddle sack? I'm wanting to buy some for my boys and have been looking at different sellers. The one you have looks like a good size.

I made it myself. If I remember it correctly I cut the fabric to something like 22x13 inches. I put boning in the entrance to keep it open so it can air and dry, but the back is still very cozy.

Wow they are adorable. I love the older one's "rooster" hair! So cute!

I love the long hair too. It's going to be interesting to see if the little one gets those too. That would be cute.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.