Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Floor time Question

Patch

Cavy Slave
When ever I try and give my guinea pig floor time he sits right were I put him down and does not more, well he only does this when he is on hard wood or when there is more than one person. When he is in my room just with me he goes and hides. My dad calls him a stuffed animal because he says he never move lol

Piglet

Cavy Slave
Does he have a friend? That will ease his fears. You could scatter food around, and make sure there's plenty of hay and places to hide

mncavylover

Cavy Slave
I agree, a friend makes them bolder.

Ruthies owner

Cavy Slave
Just give him time. Ruthie is a single pig and runs alllll around the kitchen. hehe she thinks she always has the right of way :)

Smudger

Cavy Slave
I've read that guinnea pigs' vision is quite poor, and that large spaces can frighten them because they can't be sure of what is around them. If this is the case, maybe once your guinnea realises there is nothing for him to fear in his new enviroment he'll relax a bit.

Patch

Cavy Slave
I would like to get him a friend...but I dont know if my parents will let me :( But if I did get another I would most likley rescue one:)

piggies2007

Cavy Slave
yea mine didnt run around that much in her cage untill i got her a friend. a always assumed that it was becasue she was kinda old but since i got my baby one she is a active as ever

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.