Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Searching for Piggys in Tampa Florida area

Setsuna

Cavy Slave
Anyone have adoptable piggys in or around the Tampa florida area?

Look on www.petfinder.com classifieds and adoptables. Look on (broken link removed) classifieds and rescue listings. Look in the yellow pages or on google for shelters.

If you're in Tampa, then a little trip up north to Gainesville might be worth your while. Linkage to Gainesville Guinea Pig Rescue below.

https://freewebs.com/gainesvilleguineapig

I have adopted two pigs from GGPR and have visited the rescue. I can personally vouch for the pigs there.

Hi If you can travel to gainesville I have some guinea pigs for adoption.
1 male teddy about 9 months old. very sweet, gets along well with other pigs.
2 male cornets they are 2 weeks old now and will be ready in a couple weeks, very sweet,
adoptions fee is 10.00
email me for pictures
thanks Alberta

T_T anyone else?

What do you mean? None of those piggies work out for you?

Ill make my reasons a bit clearer. I just dont really want girls. Iv e always gotten along with male pets better and in my experience theyve always been sweeter and more affectionate. I may crack and just get two girls but In the searches in petfinder and local piggy rescues most of the piggies are sick or injured and ask for experienced owners. Also im trying to be thurough and know as much as i can about the prospective piggies temperments so that There is no fighting! Im just having a lot of trouble too with people not emailing back and piggies keep getting claimed before I manage to get a reply.

v_v I hope I dont sound selfish or something...

Oh, okay. That's cool. Usually people don't want boars, but sows.

Is this place near you at all?

(broken link removed)

=O THEM! I emailed them a while ago and still have recieved no answer!

Oh. Have you tried calling? Getting shelters to respond to emails is hard. They may be too busy or something.

Is it really far from you? Sometimes it is better to go in person, but if it's far you should try to call and see if they have any piggies.

If you go to (broken link removed) and enter your zip code, you can find nearby shelters. Just enter rodent when you search and you should get gps.

I was actually planning on calling a few places tommorow since its late now. Im just not very good at like...talking on the phone. o_O i know that probably sounds wierd but its just something that makes me uncomfortable...

*ahem* anyway.

*searches site*

well the only ones i could see are...3-4 hourse away. *looking at mapquest at same time* And One of the piggies Isnt even sexed...

Setsuna, what part of Tampa are you in? I have a 1 year old male guinea, a little shy but sweet, who just lost his buddy a couple weeks ago. I don't want to get another from the pet store, but I'm not having any luck finding one to adopt near to Tampa, myself (Gainville is a l'il bit far away for me to drive). Do you already have one that could buddy up with him? I'd be willing to adopt him out instead of getting a second, if so.. :)

Im sorry but i Just adopted my Two rescues yesterday. I dont have room for more than that right now. Maybe someday!

That's okay.. I'll just keep looking for a local one to adopt as a buddy. I give it another two weeks (which I think would be enough time to make sure Hee doesn't have the same thing his bro did) before I just go buy one from the pet shop and pray I'm not getting a girl (the last 'boy' I got - I swear it had a little bump that came out like a boy and everything - ended up with 4 babies...). Good luck with your two! :)

Hrm.... ooor... I could maybe pick one up at the Gainsville place when I go up to visit my friend in Tallahassee next week.. I /think/ Gainsville is the one on the way up there, not Jacksonville.. I always get the two confused..

Yup.. she still hasn't emailed me back yet. :)

I live in Port Charlotte and Have a 1 yr old male. I just recently found out the he is a boar. I have 3 pigs and 1 is pregnant. My other pig is a sow since she had a baby (it's the boar). Let me know if any one is interested. Also babies will be available when ready.

3littlepigsinFL said:
I live in Port Charlotte and Have a 1 yr old male. I just recently found out the he is a boar. I have 3 pigs and 1 is pregnant. My other pig is a sow since she had a baby (it's the boar). Let me know if any one is interested. Also babies will be available when ready.
Oh! I'm interested in the boar! I have one around the same age who is /badly/ in need of a buddy :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.