Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

hayrack hangouts

steve_and_pigs

Cavy Slave
I have some diagonal hayracks made out of spare cubes. They work well, but my piggies love to jump into them and munch on hay. It is great for them, but they poop all over the hay. Does anybody have some pictures of a hay rack that can be jumped into, but keeps them from doing their business all over the hay? They really like jumping in, so I'd like to make something that lets them continue to do that.

fourboys4now

Cavy Slave
I was at the Dollar Store the other day and found a plastic stackable container that is high on 3 sides, but it dips down in front. It would tip over if they stepped into it, so I put a brick under the lip and it helps them get in, plus it helps there nails as well. It's just big enough for one piggy without much room, so they like to sit in it, but not for long periods of time.

I just take it out and rinse it with antibacterial dish soap twice a day. If you would like a picture of it, I'd be glad to post one. I got the container for $1 and the brick for $.62 at Wal Mart.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.